Salary: £500-£550 per month
The French Institute in the UK is offering an internship with the Ciné Lumière programming team.
About the internship
Based in London, this iconic exhibition space boasts two screening rooms and hosts a varied annual programme which includes international festivals, premieres, and classic screenings.
A versatile position, the successful applicant will support the Head of Programming and Exhibition and can expect to gain experience in the operational and strategic aspects of running an independent cinema. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contributing to the film programme, researching films and securing rights
- Coordination of events (festivals, previews, etc.)
- Logistical Coordination of the Film Programme, learning about distribution, formats and exhibition strategies
- Administration of contracts, deals and invoices
Applicants must be a student on a UK-based further or higher education course, ideally studying Film, Media or a related subject, with a requirement to undertake an industry internship as part of their diploma. Although flexible on duration, the ideal candidate will be available for 5 months (4 days a week) from the end of February to July 2023.
The internship comes with a monthly payment to go towards expenses, as well as free entry to the cinema and many other cultural events.
- Passionate about cinema and film
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and French
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Open Office, SharePoint
- Good communicator
- Team player
To hear more about the position or to apply directly with a Cover Letter and CV, please contact the Head of Programming and Exhibition, Diane Gabrysiak: email@example.com
- Pattern: 30 hours, 4 Days per week, occasional evening and weekend work required
- Duration: 5 months
The closing date for this position is 02/01/2023 at 00:00