Salary: £515 per month
The French Institute in the UK is offering an internship with the Ciné Lumière programming team.
Based in London, the iconic exhibition space boasts two screening rooms and hostsa varied annual programme which includes international festivals, premieres,and classic screenings.
A versatile position, the successful applicant will support the Head of Programming and Exhibition and can expect to gain experience in the operational and strategic aspects of running an independent cinema. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contributing to the film programme, researching films and securing rights
- Coordination of events (festivals, previews, etc.)
- Logistical Coordination of the Film Programme, learning about distribution, formats and exhibition strategies
- Administration of contracts, deals and invoices
Applicants must be a student on a UK-based further or higher education course, ideally studying Film, Media or a related subject, with a requirement to undertake an industry internship. Although flexible on duration, the ideal candidate will be available for between 5-6 months from September 2021. Ideally the candidate will be able work 37.5 hours a week, however we will also consider applicants who can only work 30 hours a week.
- Passionate about Cinema and Film
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Open Office, Google Docs & Sheets
- Good Communicator
- Team Player
The internship comes with a monthly payment of £515 to go towards expenses, as well as free entry to the cinema and many other cultural events.
The closing date for this position is 30/07/2021 at 23:59