Impact Research Administrator (Kickstart scheme)
Various (remote working)
Salary: National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage depending on your age
Together Films are seeking an Impact Research Administrator to join their team as part of the Kickstart scheme.
- Team: Distribution Team
- Contract: Six month contract
- Hours: Full time: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, between the hours of 10am and 6pm
Kickstart is the new UK Government scheme to support 16 – 24 year olds through providing paid work placements for young people on universal credit. Together Films is delighted to offer opportunities through the scheme. You will receive training and support throughout the placement, develop knowledge and skills whilst bringing a fresh perspective to our organisation and our work in the social impact entertainment industry. If you are passionate about film, in particular social issues based documentaries, and are looking to build a career in this space, then we want to hear from you.
About Together Films
Together Films are leaders in the social impact entertainment space. We are passionate about bringing people together to watch films and discuss important and topical social issues. With a great balance of purpose and profit, we are the fastest growing distributor in the UK (we went from 5 to 15 staff in 2020/21).
As Impact Research Administrator, you will be supporting the Together Films Distribution team on theatrical and non release campaigns for films that highlight social issues.
- Use the internet, social media, client lists and our technical research tool to research relevant people, organisations and groups that have a demonstrable interest in our social impact entertainment films and clients, and may want to host a screening or buy a ticket.
- Accurately record the relevant contact details and supplemental information of those people, organisations and/or groups in an optimized spreadsheet.
- Draft outreach copy to this list, tailoring the approach according to the recipient and writing in an engaging and informative way about the film and the social issue context.
- Direct message individuals and organisations on social media as directed by your line manager
- Monitor inbound email requests for screenings and tickets using an email monitoring system called Streak. Follow up with those who request a screening.
- Liaise with screening hosts to organise screenings, ensuring that their details are recorded accurately in the systems so they can be invoiced promptly and they have all the information they need to host a successful screening.
- Write a weekly report per film for your line manager, explaining progress and celebrating wins.
- Feed into the thinking behind shareable social media assets in order to optimise their appeal to the 18 to 24 audience.
- Creating meeting agendas, with direction from your line manager
- Creating additional materials for impact campaigns including social media kits and MailChimp newsletters.
- Writing and editing experience within a creative environment
- Demonstrable internet research skills
- Proficient in Gmail and GDrive
- Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy and an ability to understand and maintain processes and systems
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Confident communicator, able to work well with people from all levels of the organisation
- Flexible, a team player and able to work within a diverse team environment
- Proactive, strategic and creative
- Strong IT skills and competency to pick up new systems quickly
- Experience using Slack, Streak, Mixmax, AirTable
- A proven interest in Film, in particular films with a social issues context
You will be a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills; and able to demonstrate a strategic mindset. We need someone who can think inside and outside the box to consider who might benefit from watching one of our films; and with the motivation and persuasive skills to tell them about it and encourage them to book a screening. Data entry is a key part of this role, your team will be relying on you for accurate information; so you need to care deeply about maintaining an accurate workflow and be keen to learn and become an expert in how to use our technical tools. In return we can offer you a supportive work environment where you will learn all about film distribution and social impact entertainment marketing.
You must be 16-24 years of age and on universal credit.
The role is currently fully remote, however with an office base in London. You do not need to reside in London to apply, though you do need to be UK based. Please let us know your location and any flexible work requests upon application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQIA+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. You can find the application form here: https://airtable.com/shrpRHMQKKZA5gHMA
- Interview Date: w/c 17 May, 2021. Interviews will take place by Zoom video call.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
The closing date for this position is 10/05/2021 at 12:00