Head of Development & Marketing
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival
The Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is seeking a Head of Development & Marketing to lead the development and marketing agenda for the Festival and lead all fundraising efforts.
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of a 3-year fundraising and development plan in consultation with the MD, Board, and consultant where required.
- Meet the development and fundraising targets, metrics and key delivery dates.
- Initiate contact and build relationships with potential donors/sponsors.
- Ensure that the relationships with key funders and sponsors are managed to the highest of standards.
- Schedule fundraising events liaising with programming and management.
- Ensure that support from funders and sponsors is accurately acknowledged across all PR, advertising and communication campaigns, and in line with agreements.
- Create strong visual assets, presentations, advertising campaigns and sales tools.
- Be fully aware and up to date with all grants and schemes as they arise throughout the year.
- Prepare and submit strong applications to funders and trusts and advise on areas which require strengthening.
- Oversee and deliver proposals for trusts, foundations and sponsors.
- Identify new sources of income and strategies to achieve them.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of up-to-date databases of clients, sponsors, charities and fundraising bodies.
- Prioritise relationship cultivation and management.
- Ensure all sponsors and funders are fully up to date on all events across the year and during the festival season.
- Head up the Marketing team during Festival Season, recruiting and managing staff.
- Follow the Audience Development strategy in place and work with consultant to ensure continued success.
- Update the website, creating new and exciting content.
- Manage all social media accounts, Mailchimp and newsletter.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create the festival brochure.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate by the MD and Board.
- Proven ability to deliver on targets.
- Strong experience of maintaining successful funders and sponsor relationships.
- Understanding of funding for film and arts/culture or charity registered organisations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to create dynamic presentation and design assets.
- A team player with strong collaborative skills, a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, common sense and flexibility.
- Ability to respond flexibly and in a timely manner to the particular demands of working in a festival context.
Qualifications & experiences
- Proven experience of working in development, sponsorship and fundraising.
- Experience/Understanding of working in a driven high-speed environment (desired).
- Understanding of design software and applications (desired).
- Relevant degree in Marketing or Development.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Microsoft 365 Outlook, Teams and Zoom, Project Management software and WordPress.
- Excellent working knowledge of all social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Working in the arts.
Interviews will be held on July 15 & 16 online
The closing date for this position is 09/07/2021 at 17:00