Head of Design
Picturehouse Cinemas is seeking a new Head of Design.
A bit about Picturehouse Cinemas
Our cinemas are at the heart of their neighbourhoods. They are distinctive buildings that blend seamlessly into the fabric of their environment with excellent and original design throughout. These are Cathedrals to Cinema! They are also places to eat, meet and hang out, with welcoming and attentive staff and plenty going on in lively vibrant spaces.
Our film programme is a broad and curated range of quality mainstream, indie, family, foreign-language and documentary films. Through our various strands we also champion classic and contemporary, independent thinking films, providing a quality cinema experience to a diverse and inclusive audience. We will always try new and unexpected things, engaging with our audience as partners and as friends from all ages and backgrounds. We are your local international cinema.
Managing the design team to ensure all projects are on brand, budget and deadline. Collaborate with marketing department, to maintain and ensure consistency of brand and tone of voice in all marketing materials across all platforms.
The role will have a strong creative skillset and be responsible for motivating a team of designers and freelancers, providing guidance on design best practice across our print and digital platforms. This is a role for a creative thinker and leader.
This role requires a creative and collaborative outlook bringing passion, ideas and commercial sensibility to all design projects. Working with the Head of Marketing to ensure campaigns are regularly reviewed for success and adapted accordingly. Excellent communication skills are essential with the ability to articulate ideas clearly to stakeholders at every level and have the ability to adapt to feedback.
Key skills and requirements
- The role is ideal for someone with exceptional communication skills, they must be a people person, a leader and a team player.
- Highly experienced and a proven multidisciplinary designer. You’ll have knowledge of many disciplines – branding, social, digital, publishing, UX, environmental and packaging.
- An experienced design lead, able to give patient and constructive feedback to their team.
- An easy and relaxed presentation style, able to engage and reassure colleagues.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative.
- A portfolio full of creative ideas and multidisciplinary projects.
- Excellent Adobe CC knowledge is a must.
Work activities may vary depending on the size of the project, but responsibilities include:
- Inspire and lead the design team to deliver exceptional creative results to meet the wider objectives of the company.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and ensure creative consistency in brand and tone of voice across the group.
- Provide inspiration and direction for the design and marketing teams in regular creative sessions.
- Manage and maintain the briefing process to ensure that all projects are clearly understood and meet objectives and deadlines.
- Take responsibility for the design direction and output of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the Department design budget negotiating best prices in all areas.
- Work with the Content Editor to ensure all design work incorporates and maintains a consistent voice, tone and visual language across digital, print and in cinema materials.
- Work with architects, Project Managers, Directors and Marketing department in all areas of signage and design across new cinema projects.
- Work with Festivals and third-parties on projects where Picturehouse is a partner.
- Manage and review the print needs of the company in liaison with Head of Marketing.
- Lead on print agencies and all our platforms, reviewing and suggesting improvements.
- To identify and work with external creative/design agencies where required.
This is a full-time role based at Picturehouse’s offices in London. Permanent contract. £40,000 salary (depending on experience).
Send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you love design, film and cinema as well as a portfolio (pdf or website) full of creative ideas to – email@example.com
Please include the words ‘Head of Design’ in the subject line.
The closing date for this position is 01/11/2021 at 23:59