Element Cinema Group
Salary: €50,000 - €60,000 DOE
Element Cinema Group is looking for an experienced Cinema Group General Manager for a newly created head office role to lead our exhibition activities across all sites.
Element Cinemas is Ireland’s leading art house exhibitor which operates the Light House Cinema in Dublin and Pálás cinema in Galway and is part of Element Pictures, the production company whose films include THE FAVOURITE, ROOM and THE GUARD.
As the Cinema Group General Manager, working with the venue level General Managers and the directors and senior staff of Element Pictures, you are responsible for defining, setting and implementing the strategy to grow the cinema business in order to achieve agreed KPI’s. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of all operational aspects and the day to day control of the cinema business driving both sales targets and performance standards. As a senior member of the management team you will motivate and manage a dedicated existing staff in a challenging and fast paced environment contributing effectively to the strategic development of the cinema businesses within the Element group.
Main Duties will include:
- Contributing to annual budgeting processes and driving the direct management of KPIs to maximise revenues
- Directly liaise with marketing and programming staff to drive audience development, ensure effective communication and roll out of advertising and marketing plans.
- Plan, document and execute operational procedures and standards to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring the effective training and development of all managers and staff including succession planning.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of staff to provide excellent customer service while managing staff costs within overall budget guidelines.
- Develop an overall Communications plan to ensure efficient and effective information flow through a network of well-run meetings and engagements.
- Continuously review all aspects of the cinema operations to maximize customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and effective implementation of the stated business objectives.
- Liaise with the appropriate third parties to manage and ensure the smooth technical operation of the business at best industry standards.
- Direct involvement with all new venue facilities and investment projects and ensuring effective, preventive maintenance programmes are carried out for all cinemas.
- Working closely with the General Managers of each venue to drive all aspects of the Cinema Retail operations including Restaurant, Bar, Box Office, and Concessions.
- Working with General Managers and Duty Manager staff to ensure all day to day cash management and financial controls are fully operational at venue level.
As the ideal candidate you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have strong cinema experience at senior management level.
- Experience of leading and managing a large team with multiple and varied skill sets.
- Experience of strategic planning, annual budgeting and reporting.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent managerial and organization skills
- Positive attitude towards innovation and change.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to become a senior member of the Element team and to help develop and grow one of Ireland’s most innovative cinema operations.The successful candidate will be expected to work across all our venues and from our head office in Dublin with regular work at evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Group General Manager’ in the subject title or by post to:
COO Element Pictures
30-31 O Connell St. Lower
Dublin D01 DH58
The closing date for this position is 15/11/2019 at 23:59