Salary: London Living Wage
Catford Mews are looking for a General Assistant to join their team.
As a General Assistant here at Catford Mews you will be at the forefront of an exciting community focused cinema and arts venue. In this customer facing role you will provide excellent service, knowledgeable suggestions for our products and expert opinions on our film and events.
Hours: 15-25 hours a week
- To provide excellent customer service to all our guests.
- To be well presented and maintain your uniform to a high level.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the venue during operating hours.
- Be up to date with all films currently on release as well as any upcoming events.
- To be flexible in your position, potentially working in different areas of the business depending on the business’s requirements.
- To troubleshoot any customer enquiries where possible and direct them to the correct line of communication if necessary.
- Support and train new members of staff using your own experience gained.
- Assist venue management in any way that is reasonably required.
- Comply with all operational policies outlined by the company upon employment.
- Participate in any relevant training, professional development and team meetings as set out by the management team.
- To assist with any hires or events where Catford Mews acts as the host venue.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all products and memberships on offer.
- To be responsible for communicating any potential hazards or health and safety issues to the management team as soon as possible.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to assist venue management in any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue, as reasonably required.
- Personable and welcoming.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- Takes a proactive approach to tasks and displays a strong work ethic.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends etc).
- Able to work individually as well as take instruction from the management team.
- A demonstrable passion for cinema and events.
- Previous experience in hospitality or customer facing roles.
Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 14/10/2021 at 23:59