French Sales Executive (Maternity Cover)
London or Glasgow (initially working remotely)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Established in 2003, Park Circus is a leading global sales agency and distribution company. We proudly represent over 25,000 films from Hollywood and British studios and a large number of independent rights owners. It’s not all about classic films though, our contemporary releasing and sales slate includes titles from established directors as well as the new discoveries of today. We are knowledgeable, passionate and our love of cinema goes to the heart of everything we do. Working with rights holders, producers, distributors and cinemas, our aim is to share the wonderful films we represent with audiences on both the big and small screen.
The company is looking to recruit a native level French speaker for a fixed term maternity leave cover post in the role of Sales Executive. The company is looking for applicants with experience of working in sales. Ideal candidates will have experience and a good knowledge of the film industry, and a passion for all things cinema! The position will work across Park Circus’ French and UK operations.
The Sales Executive will report to and work closely with Park Circus Sales Directors, primarily handling the company’s French Office activities, ensuring it runs efficiently and in tandem with all departments of the wider company. The Sales Executive is also a key member of the UK Office theatrical sales team with responsibility for managing some international sales enquiries.
It is expected the successful applicant will be required to work remotely until the company’s offices reopen due to Covid-19. This role is open to applicants who can be part of either our Glasgow or London office locations. Our Glasgow is office is located centrally at Charing Cross and our London office is in Soho.
Job-specific training will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage incoming theatrical sales enquiries by email and phone from cinemas and film festivals from France and French-speaking territories;
- Manage and coordinate long-term licensing agreements with French distributors along with the company’s technical operations and finance departments;
- Support proactive sales and business development targets for the French Office linked to strategies for theatrical re-releases in cinemas and sublicense agreements with French distributors;
- Contributing to achieving sales forecasts and targets set for the sales department (French and UK Office);
- Work closely with the CNC (Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée – France’s national film body) to ensure Park Circus’s French Office is working effectively and in compliance with relevant regulations and the CNC’s nationwide screening programmes;
- Manage the technical operation requirements of Park Circus’s French Office, including liaising with labs and cinemas to ensure materials are received in a timely manner;
- Support the Finance department and work with other members of the sales team to complete a range of administrative tasks, including credit control, processing box office returns and sending invoices.
Skills & Attributes:
- MUST be a native level French speaker. Candidates out with this requirement will not be considered;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Excellent customer service skills in person, by phone and email;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Effective ability and desire to sell, ideally with experience working in sales;
- Work well on their own, under pressure and in a small team within a fast-paced work environment;
- Show high level of attention to detail and good organisational skills;
- Have a positive attitude and be a strong communicator within the team;
- Have an interest and passion for cinema!
Park Circus is committed to creating a diverse environment and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Interviews will take place remotely (via video/phone call) week commencing 24th August.
The closing date for this position is 17/08/2020 at 21:00