Freelance XR Commission Producer
British Film Institute
Salary: £160 per day
The BFI is looking to engage an XR Commission Producer to develop a new XR project which will premiere at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2022.
In the past two years we have co-commissioned work from Asif Kapadia, Sacha Wares and Alexander Whitley. In 2022 we will be commissioning and producing a new work in house and are looking for a Creative Producer to lead on this new piece.
About the Role
Fixed Term Fee – Freelance Consultancy Agreement from April – October 2022
The successful candidate will be paid an agreed daily rate of £160 for work completed towards the XR programme. The majority of work will take place between April until late October 2022 and is anticipated to be around 30 days of work to be agreed. Payments will be agreed against set objectives throughout the course of the contract.
- To centrally coordinate the end-to-end delivery of the BFI’s XR Commission, working in close collaboration with the XR Programmer, filmmakers and XR studio
- To manage and deliver the commission in accordance with the creative vision of the artistic team
- To create and manage the project timeline, ensuring the delivery of the XR Commission, to-time and to-budget, reporting regularly on progress
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of XR Artistic projects, ideally with experience in Augmented and Mixed Reality
- A strong visual eye, with knowledge of relevant creative partners, artists, sound designers etc.
- Excellent communication both written and verbally
- Experienced producer/project manager, with evidence of delivering projects to-time and to-budget
About the BFI
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps can be found on our website.
We operate a hybrid working model at the BFI. Exact working arrangements for this role are to be agreed with the hiring manager.
Further details about the post can be found on our website.
Interviews will be held on w/c 11 April.
The closing date for this position is 08/04/2022 at 23:59