Freelance Cinema Marketing Specialist
Salary: £2,000 including all expenses (8 days total)
Alnwick Playhouse is looking for a cinema marketing/audience development specialist to join them on a freelance contract as support to the Playhouse’s in-house team.
About the Role
The Playhouse has recently received funding from Film Hub North to develop our film offer in our auditorium and newly launched Studio, for diverse film audiences.
This role will support the Playhouse’s Marketing and PR Officer, offering guidance and mentoring. It will specifically focus on the development of an active and curious audience for the Playhouse’s emerging specialised film programme and developing the tactical means to reach them.
This freelance role will make a vital contribution to the marketing and communications of cinema by providing a greater understanding of targeted film marketing and the resources needed to work on promoting specialised titles.
This role is remote, but may require occasional site visits, and regular Zoom meetings will be essential.
As a mentor, you will:
- Be an integral part of a small, dedicated team working to connect outstanding film with wide and diverse audiences in a unique and visionary way.
- Be a point of contact to provide advice and guidance to our Marketing Officer
- Work closely with our Marketing and PR Officer to shape marketing strategies and to check the feasibility of ideas and how to work around any barriers to ensure our vision comes to life.
Location: Working from home and at Alnwick Playhouse, Northumberland
Fee: £2,000 including all expenses (8 days total)
Status: Freelance Consultant
Reporting to: Damian Cruden, Artistic Director
Period of contract: Fixed term from September 2022 to December 2022
- Experience of cinema marketing and audience development.
- Passionate about arthouse and independent film with a knowledge and interest in current film releases.
- Previous experience in a guidance/mentoring role.
- A creative thinker who loves to think outside the box and come up with innovative and creative solutions to marketing and engaging audiences.
- A confident point of view, with the ability to listen, think and propose.
Applicants to submit their CV with a covering letter stating why they are interested in the role and what skills and experience they will bring to it. Send to email@example.com by the closing date Monday 29 August.
This project is supported by Film Hub North with National Lottery funding on behalf of the BFI Film Audience Network
The closing date for this position is 29/08/2022 at 00:00