Food and Beverage Manager
There is an exciting opportunity at Picturehouse to join their team as a Food and Beverage Manager in their flagship cinema.
You will be ready to take the initiative and necessary next steps to deliver an ambitious operation that’s a step above the rest, with the guidance of the Head Office F&B team.
Our F&B Manager is a leader first and foremost, customer facing and coaching our teams to be the best they can be. Able to spot talent and develop them to be future leaders, you will live and breathe personal development (including your own!). A team player, you will lead by example and can regularly be seen in our bars, cafes, kitchens and even kiosks.
If you’re ready for a new challenge, and have a flair for leadership in the provision of delicious, contemporary food and drink offer for a diverse customer base, then we’d love to hear from you. There’s plenty of scope to develop smaller local events and reasons to visit too, be it live music, quizzes, daypart offers, craft beer tastings, retro games nights etc to supplement our existing big event business.
- Competitive salary of £35,000
- Opportunities to define your own offer
- Flexible working days and hours with no split shifts (40 hour contract)
- Personal development support
- Full suite of staff discounts and perks including free tickets, soft drinks/coffee on shift, discounts at many retailers
The role is based at Picturehouse Central (Piccadilly Circus, Corner of Great Windmill Street and, Shaftesbury Ave, London W1D 7DH) but could see travel to other locations in the UK
Job Description: Food and Beverage Manager
To run the daily operations of the food and beverage propositions at Picturehouse Central, maximising sales of food and drink throughout the day and offering the best possible customer service at all times whilst effectively managing team performance and controls.
Your duties include:
- Taking full responsibility for the effective running of the food and beverage (F&B) propositions
- Building a reliable customer base that is independent of the regular cinema trade
- Building the business and income levels through local community groups and promotion of local events and activities
- Reporting to the Cinema General Manager, you will take ownership of the hiring of new staff, staff appraisals and dismissals (following company procedures and pay structures) in the F&B propositions.
- You will take ownership of setting the rota for all areas of (F&B) taking into account the projected trade in the cinema as well as the food areas themselves, ensuring budgets are adhered to.
- Maintaining the highest possible customer service levels at all times.
- Ensuring food hygiene standards are adhered to at all times, maintaining allergen data sheets, HACCP and training best practice to staff.
- Champion personal development.
- Liaising effectively with the head office F&B team
- Working with the General manager to coach and guide the other cinema managers to deliver a fantastic F&B experience across the venue, uphold standards and organise our teams with fantastic communication.
- Working with the General Manager to ensure our teams feel fully supported and duty managers are conducting pre-shift briefings.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to transform our communication of the F&B offers. Creating attractive and engaging in site messaging as well as contributing to our external engagement. Ensure food and drink is effectively and attractively merchandised while minimising stock wastage.
- Champion the training of all staff on the consistent delivery of all food and drink items. Identify training needs of the team and where external training is required, communicating training needs to the F&B Operations team.
- Taking responsibility for the changing ambience of the F&B areas as it moves from a daytime proposition to an evening one; generally ensuring that the offer is appropriate for the time of day and the type of business/customer.
- Ensuring daily and weekly cleaning procedures are in place and undertaken effectively; taking responsibility for health and safety in the F&B areas including the kitchen.
- Managing stock levels, including placing orders for all F&B outlets, organising all stocking and stock taking and ensuring that stock is not wasted through being out of date or bad storage. Ordering non-consumables for all outlets (cleaning fluid, glasses etc.). Manager will need to coordinate with Cinema teams on combining orders.
- Ensure all deliveries are receipted and processed following company procedures
- Maintaining the stores in a clean and tidy state at all times, including maintaining up to date store room planograms and ensuring that all stock is in date.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably requested of you by the management team for the effective functioning of the restaurant, bar and cinema.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Food and Beverage Manager, Picturehouse Central”.
The closing date for this position is 02/05/2023 at 23:59