Leeds Young Film Festival
Join the team on one of the UK’s premiere family film festivals!
Leeds Young Film Festival is the UK’s largest family film event where the whole family can watch, learn and play. Over 15,000 children and their families will be entertained over Easter from 30th March – 13th April 2020 to explore the world of film, animation and virtual reality through screenings, live shows, workshops and drop in events across the City, with boredom-busting activities for all budgets with £3 film tickets, budget family passes and even some that are FREE.
We are looking for 100 volunteers to support an action packed programme of workshops, screenings, arts & crafts activities, talks & VR experiences.
Our dedicated 2019 Volunteers developed teamwork, confidence and communication skills, as well as getting the chance to meet fellow cinema lovers and explore the latest digital technology. Volunteers have access to exclusive offers and masterclasses year-round, celebrating Leeds International Film Festival, Light Night Leeds, Independent Directions Film Festival (INDI’s), & Leeds International Beer Festival. Many have gone on to gain internships and paid roles with the council and beyond, and we are looking forward to welcoming new faces to our ever growing festival community.
We are proud to work with such a diverse and talented volunteer body, who bring a real human quality to our festivals, making the films, activities, and events feel accessible and fun. Below is a selection of the tasks and attributes required for each role:
Workshop Assistants, available from 9th – 14th April
- Get stuck in with our family activities, facilitating & assisting workshop leaders
- Welcome & encourage participation from young audiences
- An ideal role for friendly, detail orientated & dedicated volunteers
- Prior experience with children is not necessary but advantageous
- Interest or knowledge in animation, film production e.g. sound, makeup effects, costume virtual reality, Minecraft
- Being mindful of child safety and well-being
Event Assistants, available from 30th March – 14th April
- Act as ambassadors for Leeds Film City, welcoming audiences of all ages
- Creating a positive and happy atmosphere for attendees
- Involves queue-busting, checking tickets and festival passes
- Offering information throughout venues
- Assisting with set-up & break down of workshop & event spaces
- Assisting Venue Coordinator as a ‘buddy’
- Ideal for proactive individuals, with experience in customer facing roles, or those looking for an introduction to events management and festival production
- Great all-rounder role!
Runners, available from 30th March – 14th April
- Ideal for those looking to pursue careers in events management or build upon production runner skills
- For those who love a challenge and enjoy problem solving, keen to learn more about being ‘behind the scenes’
- Love to get stuck in with any task!
- Reporting any problems to the Production Manager/Venue Coordination
- Being an advocate and representative for well run festivals in the city
- Keeping all festival zones, clean, tidy and safe
Enjoys being up and about, on their feet. Patience & enthusiasm are a must!
For full details and to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 23/02/2020 at 23:59