The 11th edition of GRIMMFEST will take place 3-6 October 2019 at ODEON Manchester Great Northern.
Over the course of 3.5 days, we’ll present exclusive new movie premieres, special filmmaker talks and even the occasional tried and tested genre classic. Over the years we’ve hosted more premieres than you can shake a stick at and welcomed a plethora of special guests to the festival.
GRIMMFEST relies heavily on its team of volunteers, who are absolutely vital to running every aspect of the event. Simply put, we could not achieve what we do every year without your support. We welcome volunteer applications from people of all backgrounds and levels of experience. If you have any questions about whether a role is suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch via email@example.com
If you’d like to volunteer for this year’s edition, please complete this online form. It’s helpful if you can complete this even if you have volunteered with GRIMMFEST previously, so that we can ensure that we have the most up-to-date information. We’ll then be in touch via email in due course.
- Box Office Assistants will be the first volunteers that customers meet when they arrive at the festival. You’ll be responsible for helping customers to collect their pre-booked tickets/passes and taking payments for sales on the day, and for providing information about the programme and festival.
- Festival Runners and Ushers are the lifeblood of the volunteer team, assisting and supporting all areas of the festival. Duties include checking customer’s tickets, collecting audience award voting slips, queue management for signings, and other ad hoc duties as needed. Runners should be proactive, with a willingness to get stuck in wherever you’re most needed!
- Guest Liaison Assistants will help to look after our special VIP guests – the directors, producers and actors who have traveled to the festival to promote their films. You may be responsible for meeting guests from the airport / train station / their hotel and accompanying them over to the venue, as well as helping them to feel comfortable and welcome whilst they are with us. This role is best suited to somebody who knows their way around Manchester quite well, but a driving licence / vehicle is not necessarily required.
- Hub Assistants are based in our thriving Festival Hub. This is one of the main places where attendees meet and mingle between films. You’ll be responsible for selling merchandise, taking payments, answering customer queries and looking after any other stallholders exhibiting at the festival.
- Marketing Assistants will help to promote the festival’s activities throughout the course of the event. You’ll be patrolling the venue, capturing video or photo footage of events and providing live updates across our social media platforms. We’ll encourage you to be creative and come up with fun and innovative ways to promote and document the festival. It’s essential that you have a working smartphone with camera functionality and the latest social media apps in order to carry out this role. A laptop may also be useful.
- Press Assistants are the first point of contact for any journalists, photographers, videographers and bloggers who are attending the festival in a professional capacity. You’ll be helping to coordinate interviews with our filmmaker guests, keeping a close eye on the clock and making sure that all press activities run on schedule.
Full training will be provided for each role, so no particular experience is needed. If you have any questions about the roles, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, click here.
The closing date for this position is 30/09/2019 at 23:59