Salary: £5,400 fixed fee (45 days @ £120 p/day)
Flatpack is looking for a Producer to help bring their ideas to life.
We recognise the value of different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences in our organisation and believe this makes our work and working environment more inclusive and exciting. We guarantee an interview for anyone who fulfils the minimum criteria for this role and is from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector (for example you are from a community that experiences racism, you had free school meals as a child, are a disabled person or face barriers due to mental health). If you would like this to be a consideration in your application, please indicate this on the application form.
Flatpack produces amazing events and projects which bring people together to discover something new, including the internationally acclaimed Flatpack Festival. Play and exploration are at the heart of our Birmingham based 6 day jamboree, where film mixes with other art forms and audiences are entertained in unique ways in often unusual spaces. The 16th edition will take place from 17 – 22 May 2022 and will comprise of 60+ events, from parties to to film screenings with live scores.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Producer to work with our Head of Operations and the rest of our festival team to help bring our ideas to life. You’ll work to make sure we can deliver the exciting events that the Programming team have lined up safely and with the usual Flatpack flare to create a truly memorable experience for our audiences.
- Location: Birmingham
- Contract: Freelance £5,400 (45 days @ £120 p/day – February – May 2022)
- Interview Dates: 11 & 12 January 2022
- Start date: February 2022
You’ll enjoy variety in your work, from writing risk assessments to dressing venues, and will be comfortable working and communicating with lots of different people. Festival production can be fast paced so you’ll be happy thinking on your feet and being out and about at various venues in Birmingham.
- Work with the Head of Operations and Programme to devise an exciting, comfortable and practical Hub for the festival
- Work with the Head of programme to make sure all artists have what they need to deliver their performances, including fulfilling artist riders
- Coordinate and liaise with venues before and during the festival
- Source suppliers and arrange collection and delivery of event materials such as chairs and portaloos
- Ensure licenses and risk assessments for all venues and events are in place
- Manage the production part of the festival budget
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all events and feed into volunteer training
- Event management during the festival
- Oversee the festival de-rig
- Keep environmental sustainability in the forefront of production planning
Key skills, experience & characteristics
- Experience of large scale or multiple event delivery, including managing health & safety and licensing requirements
- Excellent planning skills and attention to detail
- Problem solving and managing change
- Good communications skills, and the ability to communicate with lots of different people
- Commitment to working with different communities and upholding Flatpack’s values and dedication to working towards being as inclusive as possible
Working hours and environment
In the lead up to the festival, you will be based in the Flatpack office in Digbeth, Birmingham and at home. We currently work flexibly, with team members working up to 4 days per week from home if they would like to.
During the festival you’ll work between the office and the various venues we are using. These days are longer days and we’re on our feet a lot but this is where our planning comes to fruition!
As this role is event-based there will be evening and weekend work but this will be factored into your overall hours.
How to apply
Please send your completed application form and equal opportunity monitoring form to email@example.com by midday on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
The closing date for this position is 06/01/2022 at 09:00