British Film Institute
Salary: £30,141 - £35,622
The BFI is seeking an Events Programmer who will be responsible for programming an ongoing series of Education events for BFI Southbank.
- Develop live online and in-venue events that interpret and provide intellectual context to the seasons, runs and projects that support One Programme.
- Work with the Lead Programmer to develop cultural, educational and community orientated partnerships that support the aims of the One Programme and provides reach into education audience sectors.
- Contribute to the creative development of BFI Southbank programme, initiating Programme ideas, and working closely with colleagues to optimise the educational value of seasons, strands and projects.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on educational programmes within a cultural organisation and developing programmes for wide-ranging audiences
- Extensive knowledge of historic and contemporary cinema and wider moving image culture
- Excellent presentation skills to host on stage events, deliver Q&As, take part in panel discussions, deliver presentations etc.
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps and our commitment to Black Lives Matter can be found on our website.
The role is predominantly based at BFI Southbank, however, in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic all team members are currently working remotely from home until the foreseeable future.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
For further details about this post please visit the BFI website.
The closing date for this position is 31/08/2021 at 23:59