Salary: £29,500 pa
Picturehouse Central are looking for an Events Manager to join their team.
To take prime responsibility under the The Head of Events, Senior Events Manager, and General Manager to ensure high turnover rates of event enquiries into confirmation, as well as effective and professional quality event delivery, productive and appropriate team management, and ensuring consistently high profit margins.
This role offers a brilliant opportunity for an applicant who is passionate about both film and events. In this role you will gain experience working with some extremely high-profile clients within the film industry including London Film Festival and Sundance Film Festival, as well as regular private events with major distributors, all hosted at Picturehouse’s flagship cinema in the heart of the West End.
The role will be demanding, but extremely rewarding, for the right candidate. What’s more, the role comes with a number of benefits, including free cinema tickets, discounts on food and drink, and opportunities for company growth.
Your duties include
- Sales – Responding to all incoming enquiries for events and private hires in a timely manner with a view to securing the business. This is a key part of the role with targets to achieve annually
- Record all incoming enquiries, confirmed or otherwise.
- Upselling all events to ensure best revenue turnover and bottom line.
- Creating contracts for all confirmed events.
- Raising invoices for all events, and ensuring payment is received prior to the event taking place.
- Working directly with each client to ensure event planning is effective and efficient and creating function sheets that can be distributed to all departments ahead of each event.
- Working with the client to develop event plans, working creatively to deliver unique event experiences within budget timelines.
- Undertaking all relevant risk assessments and health and safety checks.
- Communicating effectively with all departments and Head Office to ensure the site and the company is prepared for each event.
- Chasing provisional enquiries in a timely manner.
- Delivery of all events, this includes working with other team members to set up beforehand and effectively manage each event.
- Managing the Events Team including the cinema staff allocated to work on events as and when required.
- Liaising with head office on creating bespoke, one-off, seasonal and premiere events.
Skills and experience
Experience of working with high-profile talent and associated entourages
Experience of working within the film industry
Experience of hospitality work (especially bar work)
Good knowledge of film and the film industry
Experience of working on busy events
Experience of dealing with clients via phone and email
Ability to problem solve and show initiative; able to adapt and work under pressure
Experience of team leadership
Ability and willingness to work and commute during unsociable hours
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to manage both your own workload and that of the team you will be managing
Ability to work well with the core events team, but also manage relationships with the wider cinema staff including the kitchen, operations, and other staff teams
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
Applicants need to email their CV and covering letter to email@example.com the last day for submissions on 19th October 2022.
The closing date for this position is 19/10/2022 at 23:59