Event Producer – Learning and New Talent
Salary: £130 - £150 daily rate (dependent on experience)
BAFTA is looking for talented Event Producers to bring their enthusiasm and expertise in events to its busy Learning and New Talent Talent team.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts – BAFTA – is a world-leading independent arts charity. In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes across film, TV and games.
BAFTA is recruiting Event Producers across film, games and TV and games on a freelance basis. These producers will support programme managers in the delivery of events and initiatives in venues across the UK and in our new pop up public and members space at 194 Piccadilly. These events include masterclasses, Q&As, roundtables and networking with BAFTA-winners and nominees.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Working to an event format brief set by programme managers to help shape content, research and approach speakers and chairs
- Approaching and securing speakers and industry guests
- Coordinating materials for the event
- Working with Learning and Events Officer to coordinate and agree the administration of the event to ensure it is managed in line with departmental best practice
- Delegating administrative tasks to Learning and New Talent Intern
- Keeping programme manager updated on costs to ensure expenditure is on track and necessary purchase orders are raised
- Writing copy and publicising the events, ensuring any partners are properly credited
- Communicating travel and accommodation needs to the BAFTA LNT Intern
- Coordinating relationships with key venue partners and booking venues
- Coordinating feedback and evaluation
- Where relevant, ensuring participant data, evaluation and attendance for each event is collected securely
- Overseeing the events on the day
- Monitoring expenditure to work within a budget set by programme managers
- Accountable for the administration of each event, communicating copy to the Events Officer and monitoring attendance
- Support programme manager in general events producing tasks relating to the event such as monitoring guest list, liaising with the venue, scheduling meetings, fielding enquiries
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 02/09/2019 at 17:00