Encoding Operations Coordinator
Salary: £25,000 to £32,000, dependent on experience
MUBI is recruiting for a new team member to help develop its video encoding operations
MUBI stands for great cinema. At MUBI, we have a clear mission. We create, curate, acquire and champion visionary films, bringing them to audiences all over the world.
We currently have a team of around 250 passionate professionals, who are extraordinary at what they do and are highly effective collaborators. We are working from all over the world, including London, New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Paris, Rome, Bologna, Vienna, Berlin, Cologne and Istanbul.
We are looking for a new member of our team to help us develop our operations work within the video encoding department.
- Overseeing and streamlining material delivery and encoding workflows
- Liaising with a range of different partners, from our internal programming team to external rightsholders, to ensure a smooth flow of all processes from the time a film is signed to the time it screens on the platform
- Logging, tracking and managing the inventory of delivered/encoded files using basic tools/software
- Ensuring MUBI’s content is fully available over all of our third party platforms
- Encoding films using our internal encoder app built on top of FFmpeg infrastructure
- Keep workflow documents up-to-date
- Success in this role will see you effectively coordinating the operations of MUBI’s content materials, ensuring all films are ready to show on our platforms in the highest quality possible.
What you’ll bring to the role
- A passion for the kind of cinema MUBI likes to celebrate
- A strong organised mind-set and the ability to keep track of many projects simultaneously
- A knowledge of digital media and video encoding – from codecs to framerates
- A can-do attitude
- Good communication skills.
This position is located at MUBI’s office in Soho, London, with hybrid working options.
Email your CV and cover letter to Sheeba Sehgal at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MUBI pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to providing equal opportunities. We are learning faster than ever because we have more diverse perspectives. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make us and our company better.
The closing date for this position is 04/09/2023 at 23:59