Really Local Group is currently recruiting duty managers for their new venue in Ealing.
As part of the core management team, you will help run the day-to-day operation of the site and lead your shifts by providing exceptional customer service, maintaining rigorous H&S standards, and offering support to your staff members.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts and be driven in developing the venue into a thriving, cultural hub for the whole community to enjoy.
We have a talented and dedicated team to help deliver our vision. If you think you are the right person to join us, we would love to hear from you!
Really Local Group creates and restores cultural infrastructure through the regeneration and renewal of the UK’s high streets, with cinema at the heart of its venues. Each venue is uniquely designed to reflect its locality – we engage with local arts clubs and community groups to facilitate their activities by providing them with a much needed ‘home’.
Found in the exciting West London hub of Ealing Broadway, our brand-new venue the ‘Ealing Project’ will feature a fully functional 3-screen cinema, bar, café, workspace and dedicated live music.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- To provide excellent customer service to all of our guests and assist with any customer enquiries/feedback when the senior manager on site.
- Be present in the venue during key business times to manage and improve customer’s experience.
- Troubleshoot situations to find a positive outcome, with guest satisfaction being the prime motivator.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all products and memberships on offer.
- Be up to date with any films currently on release as well as any upcoming events, promotions etc.
- Assist the events team with running hires when Ealing Project is the host venue.
- To keep yourself and the venue presentable to the public.
- Lead teams to achieve improved business performance through upselling, venue promotion and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure staffing levels are consistent with levels of business and manage where appropriate.
- Promote a positive working environment for all staff on shift.
- Be at the forefront of training new team members, guiding their induction in the venue.
- Act as a key holder for the site, being responsible for the opening and closing duties of the business.
- Ensure that all health and safety, security and financial procedures are being upheld.
- Be knowledgeable of emergency procedures and be responsible for the safety of both staff and guests whilst the most senior manager on site.
- Support the General Manager in all areas of the business and take direction from senior managers where appropriate.
- Assist with ordering stock, accepting deliveries, inputting wastage and performing weekly stock takes.
- Be first port of call with technical support and be able to perform weekly projection tasks ie. Scheduling projectors, able to manually play content and assist with projector maintenance.
- Participate in any relevant training, professional development and team meetings.
- Uphold any licensing, legislative and business requirements that must be adhered to.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to carry out any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue as reasonably required.
What we’re looking for
- Personable and welcoming.
- Confident communication with customers and staff.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- IT proficient.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends etc).
- Able to work independently as well as take instruction from senior management team.
- A demonstrable passion for cinema and events.
- Previous experience in managerial or supervisor roles.
Please send your CV and supporting cover letter explaining why you want to join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Ealing Project – Duty Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Salary: £12.05 p/h
Place of work: Ealing, London
Designated working hours: Full-time positions available (evening and weekend work will be required).
Benefits: Cinema tickets, discounts in the venue.
Reporting to: General Manager.
The closing date for this position is 08/04/2022 at 12:00