Salary: Up to £25,000
Genesis Cinema is looking for a full time Duty Manager to join their vibrant and exciting team.
About Genesis Cinema
We are a 1000 seat, five-screen family-owned independent cinema in London’s ever-changing East End and the site has been entertaining customers for over 120 years. Alongside our major release, indie and art house program, we host a wide variety of events and festivals, from poetry slams and swing dance classes to major film festivals and film premieres, always ensuring we work closely with the local community. In addition to the largest auditorium in East London, Genesis also encompasses our new outdoor cocktail and dining venue, The Yard, Bar Paragon and Kitchen serving delicious cocktails and award winning food plus the Grindhouse Café serving locally roasted Nude Espresso coffee and fresh locally baked pastries.
We are searching for a driven individual with experience of leading a dynamic team and a passion for cinema to manage daily operations and grow with us.
- Managing and motivating a team of up to 20 staff across multiple departments per shift.
- Being proactive and reactive on a daily basis to all cinema operations.
- Working closely with the venue management team to plan and organize over 100 events each year
- Executing sales and promotional projects and activities
- Training staff to provide the highest levels of customer service.
- Ensuring cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety procedures are met
- Being responsible for venue, customer and staff safety and security
- Managing and recording daily finances
- A passion for customer service and providing unique experiences with an eye for service and presentation detail
- A deep passion and knowledge of film and cinema
- Experience of leading a team during high volume and high pressure service periods within a cinema, theatre or entertainments venue
- Experience of events management and handling of talent
- An understanding of food hygiene, first aid and health and safety practices
- Projection and AV experience desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with box office and POS software
- Experience of handling and recording daily finances
The closing date for this position is 25/01/2022 at 09:00