Salary: £9.14 per hour
The Stag in Sevenoaks are looking for a Duty Manager to join their team.
The Stag Sevenoaks is a charity that provides a welcoming community arts venue with a 450 seat theatre, two digital cinema screens, café and studio and conferencing space in the centre of Sevenoaks.
Purpose of the job
This role is allocated to individual members of staff as part of their wider duties. The Duty Manager acts as the primary on-site Stag contact and responder for operational issues. The Duty Manager is accountable for ensuring the safety and security of the building and the people within it during opening hours and when on duty, for ensuring the building is closed and secured at the end of daily activities which will include evenings and weekends.
- Ensure The Stag delivers high quality service to hirers, ticket holders and other customers and pro-actively resolve concerns
- Know what events / activities are using The Stag during your shift, what facilities are required and what staff and volunteers are expected and when
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers (including the Event Manager and the volunteer Front of House Manager when one is appointed for specific events) working during your shift are greeted on arrival, understand their duties and that the facilities and stock necessary for the performance of those duties are readily available and working
- Prior to specific hires, inspect the spaces and ancillary facilities (e.g. toilets) and ensure that they are clean and tidy and well stocked for the contracted use
- Ensure access is available to hired spaces (e.g. the Stag Plaza) for hirers from the start of the hire period, that access is limited to only those parts of the building necessary to fulfill the hire contract and that the space is tidy and secured at the end of the hire
- In conjunction with hirers, oversee arrival of ticket holders and other customers, welcoming them to The Stag, dealing with queries and directing them to their intended destination
- Ensure adequate and effective arrangements for the security of the building and its contents and people at all times, with special attention to The Stag, stage door and stage right access to the outside
- Liaise with hirers or customers over any queries or complaints and resolve issues on the spot if it is practical to do so
- Make arrangements to receive proceeds of sales from activities other than the Box Office and Kiosk and account accurately for them, storing them securely in one of the designated safes on The Stag’s premises
- Record key events, concerns, issues etc in the Duty Managers Book and check back later to ensure that they have been resolved adequately. Ensure effective handover of ongoing issues / activities to new Duty Manager coming on shift
- As closing Duty Manager, tour the building to ensure no one remains in it, that all taps, heaters and lights are turned off, all external windows and doors are secured shut and that all internal fire doors are closed
Contract: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Please send a CV and cover letter to: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 25/09/2021 at 23:59