The Parade Cinema
The Parade Cinema is seeking a Duty Manager to support the General Manager in leading the cinema team on a day-to-day basis in all operational issues.
About the venue
The Parade Cinema is an independent cinema in the heart of Marlborough, offering an inclusive cinema experience with a diverse film programme alongside an environmentally conscious bar and café serving locally sourced and delicious food & drink.
You can find more about us here: http://www.theparadecinema.com
Purpose of the role
The role of the Duty Manager is to support the General Manager in leading the cinema team on a day-to-day basis in all operational issues, to deliver an exceptional customer experience, grow admissions and control costs, whilst keeping high standards of security, health and safety and food safety. The Duty Manager will deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
Hours: 40 hours a week, working five out of seven days
- To support the General Manager to manage all aspects of the cinema’s operations on a day-to-day basis ensuring that team delivers an exceptional customer experience.
- Have a pro-active, can do attitude in delivering the best customer experience by maintaining high standards, taking professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Encourage the team to grow memberships and admissions in the cinema, in line with budgets
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all products and find opportunities to promote and sell them, including membership, food, and Beverage.
- Act as a point of escalation for any customer queries.
- Provide feedback, training, and coaching to the team to drive talent management and team development.
- Ensure the team is fully knowledgeable on legal compliance and able to effectively perform in their role
- Manage the Employee Relations of the team and ensure that employment legislation is always adhered to.
- Delegate tasks and organise a team in a fast-paced bespoke customer service environment.
- Be the first line of technical support.
- Establish and maintain relations with the local community, businesses, and media to enhance the image of the Parade Cinema and to inform them of relevant developments within the cinema, its products, and services as requested by the General Manager as part of our marketing.
- Take responsibility for full site compliance with health and safety, financial and security policies and procedures.
- Undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Proven experience of successfully leading and motivating a team to meet business targets.
- Experience of recruiting and managing staff.
- A strong and effective communicator
- Passionate about delivering a premium quality guest experience.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude with a positive and proactive approach to change.
- Professional demeanour, dedicated work ethic, self-motivated, shows initiative & attention-to-detail.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film and cinema.
- A drive to make the Parade Cinema the best independent cinema in the UK.
- The willingness to work a variety of shift patterns as required by the business needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Technology literate
Interviews will take place from 11 August 2021.
The closing date for this position is 09/08/2021 at 23:59