Salary: £12.15 per hour
Picturehouse Central are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Duty Manager who can bring the Picturehouse way of working to their exciting venue.
Picturehouse Central is a 1000 seat, 7 screen cinema in the heart of London’s West End complete with a café, first-floor restaurant and bar, overlooking the neon lights of Shaftesbury Avenue’s theatres, and our exclusive Members’ Bar and terrace.
In addition to a diverse programme of films, ranging from quality blockbusters to independent, classic, foreign-language and art-house, Picturehouse Central includes a core programming strand dedicated to championing documentaries. The cinema also shows live HD broadcasts of productions from world-class arts venues, such as the New York Metropolitan Opera and the Bolshoi Ballet, theatre productions such as the Royal Shakespeare Company Live from Stratford-upon-Avon and National Theatre Live, art exhibitions and filmmaker Q&As.
As our flagship West End cinema, the very highest standards of customer service and presentation will need to be maintained at all times.Premiers and filmmaker events will be an important part of the job and the successful candidate will have experience of managing the complexities of planning and hosting such events, including dealing with press and public speaking. Both café-bars and the Members Bar are an integral part of the experience here and a passion for and/or experience of an F&B offering is essential.Picturehouse Central is part of Picturehouse Cinemas who operate 26 cinemas across the UK and are a stand-alone division of Cineworld PLC.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Duty Manager who can bring the Picturehouse way of working to this exciting venue. Please note there is a requirement to work full time hours per week over any of the seven days with regular work at evenings and weekends.
To deliver the key business objectives and operational excellence through effective management of people and cinema operations. Responsible for managing, coaching and motivating the team to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience. Provide an engaging work environment, championing succession and development opportunities for all. Be the Duty Manager for the cinema on a regular basis. Focused on delivering excellence in all areas of the business and supporting colleagues, whilst ensuring maximum contribution to the delivery of the cinema’s KPIs.
As per Supervisor job description plus:
- Deputise for the General Manager (in the absence of a Deputy General Manager)
- Ensure effective delivery of all business KPIs and business objectives
- Ensure that the business is running efficiently, effectively and in line with company expectations, policies and procedures
- Ensure any assigned area of responsibility is delivered in line with business requirements
People – You will:
- Engage teams to deliver improved business results through effective people management practices including coaching, mentoring and driving personal accountability, development and performance
- Implement, deliver and achieve your business and performance excellence objectives
- Encourage a positive work environment where all employees feel supported
Customer – You will:
- Maintain a management presence at key business times to improve the Customer journey and support your team to deliver a positive customer experience
- Maintain, build and promote awareness of film product, promotions etc.
Operational Excellence – You will:
- Ensure the highest standard of on screen presentation, programming, scheduling, housekeeping, maintenance and operational standards are upheld at all times.
- Ensure staff scheduling and deployment is managed accordingly to meet the demands of the business.
- Ensure the wellbeing of all employees, customers and visitors is in line with Health & Safety policy, company procedures and operational guidelines.
- Ensure all relevant licensing, legislative and business compliance is adhered to.
- Maintain operational standards to Company expectation.
Finance – You will:
- Awareness of the cinemas controllable P&L/petty cash expenditure and payroll costs to ensure in line with forecasts, targets and budgets
- Manage risk by minimising fraud, cash and stock loss within the business and maintain banking controls
- Maximise all revenue opportunities including retail and Membership sales through effective management and promotional initiatives and incentives
- Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you.
- Confident in communication with customers and colleagues
- Ability to integrate with the team and demonstrate effective leadership
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
- Good organisational skills, effective time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Customer facing experience, in particular in a retail, leisure or hospitality environment
- Takes initiative and is pro-active when working autonomously
- Numeracy and Literacy skills
- IT literate (Microsoft Office suit, industry bespoke software)
- Available to work at key business times i.e. evenings and weekends
- Is flexible on location (able to travel a reasonable distance where applicable)
- Supervisory or line management experience
- Local marketing experience
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn about Audio Visual presentation
- An interest in and knowledge of film and Picturehouse’s programming strands
For more information and details on how to apply please click here.
The closing date for this position is 14/12/2022 at 23:59