Salary: £11.32 per hour
The Phoenix in East Finchley is recruiting for a new Duty Manager.
The Phoenix in East Finchley is recruiting for a new Duty Manager to manage and supervise all operations of the cinema to agreed standards.
- Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Responsible for: Front of House staff, Projectionists
Various. Includes evening and weekend work as well as Bank Holidays.
Front of house
- Serve customers by telephone and in person, selling tickets and dealing with enquiries.
- Supervise staff and ensure that they carry out their duties fully and efficiently and adhere to all company policies.
- Take full responsibility for the cinema whilst open to the public.
- Ensure the adherence to health & safety rules and standards.
- Ensure that excellent standards of customer service are met and that all FOH operations run smoothly.
- Ensure that all FOH areas are well maintained and well presented.
- Deal with any customer complaints or situations promptly, involving others as appropriate.
- Liaise with Café staff and ensure FOH staff assist with Café work as appropriate.
- Bank monies taken and record takings on box office system.
- Record box office figures for external partners both online and by telephone.
- Reconcile petty cash and record details on a daily basis.
- Record staff hours worked for payroll and pass to accountant weekly.
- Write DM report at end of each shift and distribute by email.
- Pass post to office staff as required.
- Answer phone calls.
- Maintain office equipment and stock.
- Supervise postal distribution of weekly listings/ bi-monthly brochure to agreed deadlines.
- One year’s experience in FOH or Duty Management
- Experience of using a computerised box office system
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to prioritise and keep calm under pressure
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Confident use of Excel/Word packages
- Understanding of licensing/health & safety issues
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Experience of working in an arts environment
- Enthusiasm for film
- Personal licence holder
- First Aid/Health and Safety qualifications
- Experience of using Oscar box office system
- Flexibility with regard to working additional hours when required
Download the full job description and person specification.
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 15/09/2022 at 17:00