Catford Mews is looking for a Duty Manager to join their team.
The duty manager is a key position in the successful running of the venue. As part of the core management team, they need to take charge of the team by providing high level customer service, trouble shooting any issues that arise, maintain the business to a high level and offer support to staff members.
- To provide excellent customer service to all of our guests and assist with any customer enquiries / feedback when the senior manager on site.
- Be present in the venue during key business times to manage and improve customer’s experience.
- Troubleshoot situations to find a positive outcome, with guest satisfaction being the prime motivator.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all products and memberships on offer.
- Be up to date with any films currently on release as well as any upcoming events, promotions etc.
- Assist the events team with running hires when The Biscuit Factory is the host venue.
- To keep yourself and the venue presentable to the public.
- Lead teams to achieve improved business performance through upselling, venue promotion and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure staffing levels are consistent with levels of business and manage where appropriate.
- Promote a positive working environment for all staff on shift.
- Be at the forefront of training new team members, guiding their induction in the venue.
- Act as a key holder for the site, being responsible for the opening and closing duties of the business.
- Ensure that all health and safety, security and financial procedures are being upheld.
- Be knowledgeable of emergency procedures and be responsible for the safety of both staff and guests whilst the most senior manager on site.
- Support the venue manager in all areas of the business and take direction from senior managers where appropriate.
- Assist with ordering stock, accepting deliveries, inputting wastage and performing weekly stock takes.
- Be first port of call with technical support and be able to perform weekly projection tasks ie. Scheduling projectors, able to manually play content and assist with projector maintenance.
- Participate in any relevant training, professional development and team meetings.
- Uphold any licensing, legislative and business requirements that must be adhered to.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to carry out any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue as reasonably required.
- Personable and welcoming.
- Confident communication with customers and staff.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- IT proficient.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends etc).
- Able to work independently as well as take instruction from senior management team.
- A demonstrable passion for cinema and events.
- Previous experience in managerial or supervisor roles.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Salary: £12.05 p/h
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 August 2022 at 12 noon.
The closing date for this position is 24/08/2022 at 12:00