Digital Festival Producer
UK Jewish Film
Salary: £5,000 fixed fee
UK Jewish Film is seeking a freelance Digital Festival Producer to join their team on a fixed-term basis.
After a successful online edition of the UK Jewish Film Festival last year, the festival is returning with a hybrid model of key physical screenings and events with a full programme of features and shorts available for streaming during the festival period (4th -18th November 2021). UK Jewish Film is looking to expand on its offering of live and recorded interviews, panel discussions and additional content as well as the smooth delivery of the online festival platform.
Work must be carried out in with due regard for UK Jewish Film’s equal opportunities and safeguarding policies. The project worker must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in keeping with General Data Protection Regulations and must abide by any GDPR related policies and procedures.
This role is fixed-term, project-based, and offered on a freelance basis only.
Fulltime from 1st October – 19th November (with additional weekend hours required during the festival period, which is 4-18 November)
- Coordinate the smooth delivery of feature length and short films to the festival online platform in the format, standard and method required.
- Test all content to ensure correct version, picture, sound and subtitling.
- Manage the delivery of recorded introductions by festival hosts and programmers.
- Add all pre-roll elements, recorded introductions, sponsor cards, and trailers in a timely manner.
Festival Platform Management
- A confident working knowledge of the online festival platform back end and customer journeys
- Lead on communications with the platform technical support
- Create user guide for customer service team so they can help audience view content.
- Ensure that screenings and events launch and are removed according to designated windows of availability, and available to troubleshoot during peak periods of engagement with each screening.
- Ensure that listings on the platform match up with the UK Jewish Film main website and festival programme including the appropriate sponsor acknowledgements and warnings.
Digital Content Production
- Coordinate guest recording Zoom invitations with the guidance of the Head of Programming
- Ensure all guests are prepared for technical requirements of recordings
- Record interviews and panels in Zoom, ensuring guests and moderators adhere to guidelines and interview structure
- Edit if required, including addition of screencards and guest title overlays in keeping with the festival design elements
- Assist the Operations Manager & Festival Producer in delivery of captions and other accessibility elements.
- Schedule and broadcast embeds of live Zoom panels and facilitate audience interaction elements.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to show initiative
- Excellent knowledge of online and streaming platforms and how they interact.
- Strong IT literacy especially in relation to digital platforms as well as ability to do basic editing
- Ability to liaise effectively with platform providers, trouble shoot and solve problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally, with strong awareness/understanding of stakeholders/audiences.
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with creative talent
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines
- Proven experience working with online streaming platforms
- Confidence with Zoom recording or other live streaming technologies
- Experience in film delivery in an online environment
- Knowledge of file formats and conversions, where required
- Experience of working effectively with colleagues across an organisation, senior management and key external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a high profile, busy environment with multiple project and deadlines.
- A creative mindset and a directorial eye to producing content
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals
- The ability to work in a collaborative and sensitive way within a team, across an organisation and with external stakeholders
- The ability to respond quickly, manage competing deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Well organised and strong attention to detail
- Commitment to the purpose and ethos of the charity.
- Front line experience in film festival, cinema or cultural environment
- Knowledge of independent film and wider cultural environment
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, identity and community
- A degree level qualification
This is primarily a remote working job (WFH) with potential for limited office work in W1F.
Please send your CV and Cover letter addressing the person specification to email@example.com by Sunday 29 August.
The closing date for this position is 29/08/2021 at 23:59