Development and Marketing Manager
Dublin International Film Festival
The Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is seeking a Development & Marketing Manager to lead the development and marketing agenda for the Festival and lead all fundraising efforts.
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of a 3-year fundraising and development plan in consultation with the MD, Board, and consultant where required.
- Meet the development and fundraising targets, metrics and key delivery dates.
- Initiate contact and build relationships with potential donors/sponsors.
- Ensure that the relationships with key funders and sponsors are managed to the highest of standards.
- Schedule fundraising events liaising with programming and management.
- Ensure that support from funders and sponsors is accurately acknowledged across all PR, advertising and communication campaigns, and in line with agreements.
- Create strong visual assets, presentations, advertising campaigns and sales tools.
- Be fully aware and up to date with all grants and schemes as they arise throughout the year.
- Prepare and submit strong applications to funders and trusts and advise on areas which require strengthening.
- Oversee and deliver proposals for trusts, foundations and sponsors.
- Identify new sources of income and strategies to achieve them.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of up-to-date databases of clients, sponsors, charities and fundraising bodies.
- Prioritise relationship cultivation and management.
- Ensure all sponsors and funders are fully up to date on all events across the year and during the festival season.
- Lead the Marketing team during Festival Season, recruiting and managing staff.
- Follow the Audience Development strategy in place and work with consultant to ensure continued success.
- Update the website, creating new and exciting content.
- Manage all social media accounts, mailchimp and newsletter.
- Working with the Marketing Manager, create a festival brochure.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate by the MD and Board.
- Proven ability to deliver on targets.
- Strong experience of maintaining successful funders and sponsor relationships.
- Understanding of funding for film and arts/culture or charity registered organisations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be deadline driven.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to create dynamic presentation and design assets.
- A team player with strong collaborative skills, a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, common sense and flexibility.
- Ability to respond flexibly and in a timely manner to the particular demands of working in a festival context.
Qualifications & experience
- Proven experience of working in development, sponsorship and fundraising.
- Experience/Understanding of working in a driven high-speed environment (desired).
- Understanding of design software and applications (desired).
- Relevant degree in Marketing or Development.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Microsoft 365 Outlook, Teams and Zoom, Project Management software and WordPress.
- Excellent working knowledge of all social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Working in the arts or charity sector.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday August 6.
Interviews will be held online.
The closing date for this position is 06/08/2021 at 17:00