Developer: Learning Programmes
British Film Institute
Salary: £29,637 - £35,025
The BFI is seeking a developer to deliver appropriate film education events and resources for schools and teachers, both online and in cinemas, as part of the BFI Schools programme.
Part time: 24.5 hours per week / 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- To programme schools and teachers’ events both online, and at BFI Southbank and other venues around the UK (COVID restrictions permitting).
- To develop and oversee the publication of digital resources that complement the Schools programme, and which reflect the BFI’s Cultural Programme priorities.
- To closely engage with the BFI’s Cultural Programme in planning learning events and resources, and with BFI Marketing in their promotion.
Skills & Experience
- Have a teaching qualification or at least two years teaching experience in a formal or informal capacity
- Thorough knowledge of film and television culture and critical approaches to the study of these media.
- Experience of organising, budgeting, and managing educational activities or events in arts venues.
- Good knowledge of infrastructural systems required to support learning activities, especially digitally.
The role is predominantly based at BFI Southbank, however, in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic all team members are currently working remotely from home until the foreseeable future.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be found on the BFI website.
First interviews will be held on Friday 9 April 2021.
The closing date for this position is 24/03/2021 at 23:59