Deputy Technical Manager & Projectionist
Cine Lumiere (Institut Francais)
Cine Lumiere is seeking a new Deputy Technical Manager & Projectionist.
We are part of the Institut français worldwide network promoting French language and culture and encouraging cross-cultural exchange and cultural diversity.
Founded in 1910, the Institut français du Royaume-Uni comprises a language centre, a cinema (Ciné Lumière), a multi-media library (La Médiathèque), a children’s library (Bibliothèque Quentin Blake) and a café-restaurant, and welcomes 200,000 people each year.
Completely refurbished in 2008 and reopened by Catherine Deneuve in 2009, Ciné Lumière has established itself as one of London’s top repertory cinemas. With a particular emphasis on French, European and World cinema, its programme combines new releases, repertory screenings, previews and exclusive on-stage events attended by directors and actors.
Building on the success of the 230-seat Ciné Lumière, the Institut français in London has opened in 2019 a new 35-seat boutique cinema, to expand its programming. Stylish, cosy and intimate, Ciné Lumière II offers an ideal setting and a unique cinematic experience to enjoy independent cinema and alternative contents.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To work as part of the Technical team to ensure the smooth running of events
- To be committed to the Institut francais du Royaume-Uni by providing and utilising skills to the highest quality of service
- To operate and maintain digital cinema projector (CHRISTIE CP4220 / CP2215) and DCP server (DOREMI SHOWVAULT 4K) as required.
- To ingest DCPs, KDMs, test films and prepare playlists as required
- To operate and maintain 35MM and 16MM projector (KINOTON FP-30D & HORSTON) as required
- To set up, operate and maintain AV, sound & ligthing equipment (Blu-ray players, scalers, sound mixing desk, microphones, lighting equipment, computers…) as required
- To provide practical technical assistance to clients hiring spaces as well as visiting companies and artists with a flexible and resourceful approach
- To deputise for the Technical Manager when required, e.g. liaising with visiting companies and with the Operations team
- To keep all projection booth, stage, backstage areas and associated technical equipment tidy and well maintained
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Technical Manager
Additional skills which would be a plus:
- Performing art / live music technical skills (AV, sound & lighting)
- Filming (SONY FS5) & editing (PREMIERE PRO CC)
- French speaking
Duty manager evenings & weekends
- In charge of the front of house staff during working hours evenings and weekends (box office staff and ushers)
- To ensure we are providing high quality customer service and to find solutions when issues occur with customers
- To anticipate and manage priorities, to solve or report to the right person any issues disturbing the smooth running of the cultural centre
Security, health and safety for the staff and the public
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of other persons that may be affected within the working environment.
- General coordinator responsible in case of building evacuation
- To ensure house rules are respected
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 31/10/2019 at 23:59