The Cinema at Selfridges
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
The Cinema at Selfridges is looking for someone with a love of film and community to join their team as a Deputy Manager, using existing experience to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the cinema, box office and concessions.
- Job Title: Deputy Manager
- Location: The Cinema at Selfridges
- Contract: Full time
- Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
- Reporting to: General Manager
Who are we?
The Cinema at Selfridges is a permanent cinema destination at Selfridges Oxford Street, London. Co-directed by Selfridges and the Olympic Studios, we’re showing the biggest blockbusters along with classic cinema and independent films across our three screens, complete with state-of-the-art DOLBY ATMOS surround sound and laser projection technology. Our underground bar makes waiting for your film to start a total joy, all served up with a delicious food and drink menu.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Managing, motivating, and training a medium-sized team
- Overseeing the running of the sweet shop, floor and bar
- Be responsible for In-venue marketing: windows/digital/posters
- Working closely with our Film Programmer, floor and duty managers
- Ensuring all private screening events run smoothly and to an excellent standard
- Scheduling all film viewings
- Maintain and create positive relations with the stakeholders at Selfridges
- Creating rotas and managing scheduling via Fourth Hospitality
- Work with HR in regards to all aspects of the employee cycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Uphold health & safety, food hygiene and licensing requirements, ensuring compliance at all times, that full records are kept, and the safety of staff & customers is not compromised.
- overseeing the running of events and private hires
What do you need to bring with you?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the cinema industry
- Existing knowledge of film projection
- Previous experience using Vista and Lightspeed advantageous
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Pro-activity getting to know the local community
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
In return, we can offer you…
- Staff cinema screenings and free cinema tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career progression
- Free staff meal on shift
- Discount on Selfridges purchases
- Discount on food and beverages at other venues
- 28 days annual leave
Submit CV to Matteo: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 30/09/2022 at 23:59