Customer Service Supervisor — Fulham Road Picturehouse
Salary: £10.55 per hour (40 hours per week)
Fulham Road Picturehouse is looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service skills to lead their Front of House team.
JOB TITLE: Supervisor
DIRECT REPORT TO: Duty Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Customer Service Assistants
About Fulham Road Picturehouse
Fulham Picturehouse, a 6 screen cinema in the original Forum Theatre building on Fulham Road opened as a Picturehouse cinema in 2019. A full renovation took place to bring back the “period features of the 1930’s” from when this beautiful building was first built.
In addition to a diverse programme of films, ranging from quality blockbusters to independent, classic, foreign-language and art-house, Fulham Road Picturehouse includes a core programming strand dedicated to championing documentaries. The cinema also shows live HD broadcasts of productions from world-class arts venues, such as the New York Metropolitan Opera and the Bolshoi Ballet, theatre productions such as the Royal Shakespeare Company Live from Stratford-upon-Avon and National Theatre Live, art exhibitions and filmmaker Q&As.
Fulham Road Picturehouse is an established venue, the very highest standards of customer service and presentation will need to be maintained at all times. Premiers and filmmaker events will be an important part of the job and the successful candidate will have experience of managing the complexities of planning and hosting such events, including dealing with press and public speaking.
Fulham Road Picturehouse is part of Picturehouse Cinemas who operate 26 cinemas across the UK and are a stand-alone division of Cineworld PLC.
Picturehouse Cinemas, formed in 1989 and are now a stand-alone division of Cineworld Group PLC. Independent, art-house and foreign-language films have always been central to our profile. Equally, each of our cinemas is programmed in response to its local audience, and most of our venues have mainstream blockbusters and quality crossover titles in the mix. Picturehouse cinemas have bars and, where possible, restaurants which are central to the experience and are important to providing a ‘grown-up’ experience for our audiences. Providing quality food and drink is as important as providing quality films.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead our Front of House team at Fulham Road Picturehouse. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, the ability to lead a team as well as operate independently and the passion to deliver the Picturehouse Experience every day.
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of customer service in line with the Picturehouse Experience expectations. You will guide, support and coach Customer Service Assistants to fulfil their role whilst ensuring the smooth running of the cinema in line with policy and procedures. Be the first escalation point for any customer interactions.
Assume the responsibilities of a Duty Manager, including key-holding, for the cinema as required.
As per Customer Service Assistant job description plus:
- Support the management team in the delivery of the business KPIs and strategy objectives
- Ensure a front of house presence at all times and assist with front of house tasks as required
- Maintain regular and effective communication links with the management team and Customer Service Assistants
- Participate in management and team meetings as required
- Undertake management opening and closing responsibilities and duties as required
- Create and drive your own development opportunities
People – You will:
- Engage our teams to deliver improved business results through effective people management practices including coaching, mentoring and driving personal accountability, development and performance
- Support with the induction and recruitment process of new staff
- Assist in the development and delivery of team meetings as required
- Effective organisation of resources to deliver the operational requirements of the cinema
Customer – You will:
- Nurture a customer focused environment by maximising front of house presence at key business times to improve the customer journey and overall experience
- Doing the right thing for customers to ensure that our brand standards are maintained with consistency
- Cultivate awareness of film product, food and beverage offering, and promotions
- Monitor all customer feedback and communicate to the management team
Operational Excellence – You will:
- Ensure the highest standard of film presentation, cleanliness, maintenance and operational standards are upheld at all times
- Ensure the wellbeing of all employees, customers and visitors is in line with health and safety policy, company procedures and operational guidelines
- Mitigate incident risk by ensuring safety and security measures are implemented and reviewed as required
- Ensure all relevant licensing, legislative and business compliance is adhered to
- Maintain operational standards to company expectation.
- Ensure Customer Service Assistants are aware of relevant business information to:
- Meet business needs
- Operate effectively and efficiently
- Maximise sales opportunities
- Understand and support back of house operations to deliver the business objectives (as and when required)
Finance – You will:
- Manage risk by minimising fraud, cash and stock loss within the business and maintain banking controls.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities including food and beverage and membership through effective management and wider promotional initiatives and incentives
Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you.
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Confident in communication with customers and colleagues
- Ability to integrate with the team and demonstrate effective leadership
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
- Good organisational skills, effective time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Customer facing experience, in particular in a retail, leisure, or hospitality environment
- Takes initiative and is pro-active when working autonomously
- Cash handling experience
- Available to work at key business times i.e. evenings and weekends
- IT literate
- Local marketing experience
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn about Audio Visual presentation
- An interest in and knowledge of film and Picturehouse’s programming strands
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
Picturehouse Experience Expectations
We don’t want to have customer service training that gives you scripts about how to interact with customers; we want to tell you our aspirations and let you meet them in your own way. These are set out in our four Expectations and are key in delivering the Picturehouse Experience every day.
You should be confident and knowledgeable about what we screen and what we sell. This includes being able to make relevant recommendations to customers.
You should acknowledge and interact with customers in a genuine and friendly manner, including as they leave.
Customers should be served in a reasonable time – given the circumstances.
You must ask every customer if they are a member and if they are not you must give them some information on membership benefits
The closing date for this position is 22/09/2022 at 18:00