Alchemy Film & Arts
Salary: £30,000 (pro rata)
Alchemy Film & Arts is seeking a new Creative Director.
About Alchemy Film & Arts
Founded in 2010, Alchemy Film & Arts is the first Creative Scotland Regularly Funded Organisation in the Scottish Borders. One of our flagship projects is the annual Alchemy Film & Moving Image Festival, which has developed into one of Europe’s leading festivals of experimental film and artist’ moving image. Alchemy Film & Arts also engages in developmental projects for experimental film and artists’ moving image production in Scotland, including a year-round exhibitions programme, an annual one month artists’ filmmaking residency, filmmaking symposia, touring programmes and a range of community filmmaking and engagement initiatives.
The Role – Creative Director
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in the development of our organisation, reporting to Alchemy’s Board of Trustees, the Creative Director is responsible for ensuring Alchemy Film & Arts remains at the forefront of developments in experimental film and artists’ moving image, in a national and international context. The role requires significant prior experience in artists’ film programming and curatorial practice. The Creative Director is responsible for the overall artistic and strategic direction of the organisation, and the role requires the focussed application of a range of senior managerial skills alongside essential film and curatorial expertise.
- Contract fee: £24,000 per annum (£30,000 per annum, pro rata)
- Fixed term contract: 12 month freelance contract, with possibility for annual renewal
- Working hours: This is considered a 4 days per week role, with flexible working arrangements over the contract period, which can be discussed at interview stage
- Interview date: Mon 18 February 2019, in Hawick, Scottish Borders
- Start date: Mon 03 June 2019
Download the full job application pack here: http://alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk/2018/jobs
The closing date for this position is 31/01/2019 at 23:59