Content Acquisitions Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working closely with our content team, you would be central to bringing the best content to our subscribers.
OUR CONTENT ACQUISITIONS MANAGER WILL REPORT TO THE HEADS OF CONTENT AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from local distributors and international sales agents to secure library deals and different window licensing opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals from sales agents, producers or filmmakers for platform exclusives
- Working with the Content team on annual budget allocation and quarterly budget reviews
- Working closely with our Finance team on quarterly partner reporting
- Acting as onboard partners for content delivery and coordination with Encoding team
- Managing contract entry and maintenance through internal content management system
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Content Acquisitions Manager needs to be passionate about movies, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent cinema market and the digital distribution landscape in the United Kingdom and United States, with at least 3 years of experience doing digital acquisitions or sales. Familiarity with international sales companies and local distributors is required, and strong cinema knowledge—domestic and international, past and present—is desired. Good communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London and New York offices, and between our content and marketing teams.
You should also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle projects of various scales simultaneously
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organised, punctual, and patient
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 14/02/2020 at 23:59