Content Acquisitions Manager
Salary: Salary dependent on experience
MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working closely with our content team, you would be central to bringing the best content to our subscribers.
Our Content Acquisitions Manager will report to the International Head of Content and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from local distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure library deals and earlier windows licensing opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals for library titles and platform exclusives
- Participating in the overall global content acquisition effort and workflow while constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency.
- Working closely with our Finance team on quarterly partner reporting and diligent payment of royalties
- Onboarding partners on MUBI’s content delivery process, coordinating with the Encoding team
- Managing contract administration and maintenance through MUBI’s dedicated content management system
Our ideal candidate
The Content Acquisitions Manager needs to be passionate about movies, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent cinema market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 3 years of experience doing digital acquisitions or sales. Familiarity with local distributors is required, and strong cinema knowledge—domestic and international, past and present—is desired. Experience in dealing with rights owners in Asia is a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London and New York offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with content providers.
You would also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and emergency
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organized, punctual, and patient
Salary: dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
This position is located at our head office in London with the possibility to work remotely. Apply by emailing email@example.com with a cover letter and your CV, please include ‘Job application: CONTENT ACQUISITIONS MANAGER’ in the subject line.
The closing date for this position is 11/07/2020 at 23:59