Salary: £8.50 to £10 per hour (dependent on experience)
Archlight Cinemas is a three screen boutique cinema complex located in Arches 749, 750 and 751, Arches Lane, Battersea.
Archlight is looking for a cinema assistant to join them through the Christmas period and into the new year of successful operation.
Duties & responsibilities;
- Setting the scene for the customer experience; ensuring that first impressions are excellent through a clean and tidy cinema with well-stocked displays and a welcoming environment;
- Greeting customers and helping to deliver the full customer experience each and every time a film is screened;
- Providing a speedy, efficient and professional level of customer service at all times;
- Acting as an usher during screenings and being the responsible person in case of emergency;
- Collaborating with the GM or AGM on the provision of posters, standees etc, ensuring that the required promotional materials are available for display when needed;
- Monitoring the Arches for fire hazards and ensure emergency exits are always clear;
- Operating tills, software and serving customers in our retail outlet;
- Making and serving drinks, snacks and restocking the food and beverage operations;
- Cleaning the cinema after each screening;
- Undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably requested of you by the GM for the effective functioning of the cinema and to maximise its business.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate most of the following criteria:
- Previous retail, hospitality or customer service experience;
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with a variety of people and an aptitude for providing an amazing customer experience;
- The ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and react calmly in case of emergency;
- A proactive approach and willingness to help out as a genuine team player;
- A flexible and committed attitude to the job;
- A genuine interest in and passion for film
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to General Manager – email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 05/12/2019 at 17:00