Watersprite Film Festival
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
Watersprite Film Festival is looking for a freelance Charity Director to fundraise for and produce the 14th annual Watersprite Film Festival in March 2023. The job will begin May 2022.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual keen to:
- Organise a dynamic international festival in the East of England which is free for all to attend.
- Manage a leading arts charity, overseeing long-term business and administrative strategy.
- Build relationships with key players in the UK and international Screen Industries, from corporate film sponsors to professional speakers, to community film hubs, youth talent schemes and sixth-form media departments.
- Raise funds primarily through corporate sponsorship and public funding to support the development of Watersprite Film Festival as a professional charitable organisation.
- Work closely with volunteers to facilitate their work organising the UK’s largest student film festival, as well as Education & Outreach, Fundraising and Public events both online and in-person throughout the year.
Your main role is to fundraise the festival’s budget through sponsorship and public funding, build the industry relevance and long-term strategy of the festival and oversee the administrative, financial, and legal smooth-running of the Charity.
You will also be responsible for supervising and guiding the work of Watersprite’s 50+ student volunteers.
Your enthusiasm for supporting new talent, your creative vision and impeccable organisation and leadership skills will enable the student volunteer team and the trustees to work together to create the most exciting edition of the festival yet and support the year round administration of the charity.
The Charity Director reports to the Festival’s Chair Trustee, Hilary Bevan Jones, as well as to the Board of Trustees.
Work can be delivered remotely and flexibly. The successful candidate can be based anywhere although regular trips to Cambridge to work with the student volunteers are encouraged.
Find out more about us at our website.
Download the Recruitment Pack here:
In your Cover Letter, please provide focused examples of how you meet the person specification (knowledge, skills, and experience) listed above. Please also tell us of any access needs you have when emailing us your CV and Cover Letter.
Along with your application form we also request you complete our Equality and Diversity monitoring form. We are committed to offering equal opportunity to all and tackling underrepresentation in our sector.
The information you provide in this form is anonymous and will be used for internal monitoring and reporting purposes only.
The closing date for this position is 07/03/2022 at 17:00