Reading Biscuit Factory
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Reading Biscuit Factory is looking for an experienced Catering Supervisor to head up a brand-new food stall in their venue.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the food stall, which will serve traditional cinema food, including pizza, hot dogs, nachos, desserts and ice-cream. You will be responsible for taking and making food orders and handling customer transactions, while working alongside the Reading Biscuit Factory management team to ensure smooth daily operations.
As well as ensuring all F&B is served to the highest specification, following our pre-arranged recipes, you will make certain all F&B meets food hygiene standards and is presented in line with guidelines and branding.
You will provide customers with an excellent experience where they receive the highest level of service. Our ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be passionate in developing our offering into a busy and thriving food stall, enjoyed by all customers of Reading Biscuit Factory.
Reading Biscuit Factory is a brand-new venue which will include a 3-screen cinema, bar / café, flexible event space and dedicated food kiosks. Reading Biscuit Factory and all our venues aim to support local businesses and develop a creative community who will be able to work, create and perform all under one roof.
Key responsibilities & duties
Food & Beverage
- Do all necessary food prep ahead of service.
- Take and make all food orders.
- Replenish stock and regularly update venue management with required stock to order.
- Undertake weekly stock count.
- Uphold any licensing, legislative and business requirements that must be followed.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule and ensure the stall looks pristine and attractive.
- Adhere to all health and safety and food hygiene legislation.
- Provide event catering, when required, with notice from venue management.
- Help promote, create and update a diverse food menu that appeals to our customers.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Provide guidance and assist with any customer enquiries / feedback.
- Manage customer expectations at busy times and work to improve customers’ experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all products.
- Be up to with any deals / promotions on F&B, promotions etc.
- Actively participate in the venue’s programming and work with special events / marketing teams.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to carry out any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue as reasonably required.
What we’re looking for
- A background in catering, food preparation, or similar hospitality experience.
- The ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Great organisation and time management skills.
- A Certificate in food hygiene level 2 or 3.
- Experience in developing operational processes and implementing procedure.
- Great numeracy and literacy skills.
- Someone personable and welcoming.
- A confident communicator with customers and staff.
- A flexible and approachable working attitude.
- IT proficiency.
- Ability to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends, bank holidays etc).
- A demonstrable passion for catering and events.
Please send your CV and supporting cover letter explaining why you want to join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Reading Biscuit Factory – Catering Supervisor. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Place of work: Reading
- Designated working hours: Full-Time (Fri-Mon)
- Benefits: Cinema tickets, discounts in the venue
- Reporting to: General Manager
The closing date for this position is 21/02/2022 at 12:00