Salary: £11.85 per hour
Catford Mews is looking for an experienced Catering Supervisor to head up a brand new food stall in their venue.
We are looking for an experienced Catering Supervisor to head up a brand new food stall in Catford Mews. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of ‘Catford Chews’ (CC), which will serve traditional cinema food, including hot dogs, nachos, desserts and ice-cream. You will be responsible for taking and making food orders and handling customer transactions. You will also work alongside the Catford Mews management team to ensure smooth daily operations.
You will ensure all F&B is served to the highest specification, and following the CC recipes. You will ensure all F&B meets food hygiene standards and is presented in line with guidelines and branding.
You will ensure customers of CCs have an excellent experience and receive the highest level of customer service. Our ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be passionate in developing CC into a busy and thriving food stall, enjoyed by all customers of Catford Mews.
- Salary: £11.85 per hour
- Place of work: Catford
- Designated working hours: Full-Time (Fri-Mon).
- Benefits: Cinema tickets, discounts in the venue.
- Reporting to: General Manager.
Catford Mews, established in 2019, is a 3-screen cinema, bar, event space and food market. Catford Mews, alongside all our venues, aims to support local businesses and develop a creative community who will be able to work, create and perform all under one roof.
Catford Chews food stall offers traditional cinema fare, designed to appeal to our local Catford community as well as our cinema guests. The Catford Chews menu is 50% plant-based, making it an inclusive and exciting option for all.
Key responsibilities and duties
Food & Beverage
- To do all necessary food prep ahead of service
- To take and make all food orders
- To replenish stock and regular update management with required stock to order
- Undertake weekly stock count.
- Be responsible for updating Catford Chews social media with appropriate posts and stories
- Uphold any licensing, legislative and business requirements that must be adhered to.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedules and ensure the stall looks pristine and .
- To adhere to all health and safety and food hygiene legislatives
- To provide event catering, when required, with notice from venue management
- To help promote, create and update a diverse food menu that appeals to our customers
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Provide guidance and assist with any customer enquiries / feedback.
- Manage customer expectations at busy times and work to improve customer’s experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all products
- Be up to with any deals/promotions on F&B, promotions etc.
- Actively participate in the venue’s programming and work with special events / marketing teams.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to carry out any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue as reasonably required.
What we’re looking for
- A background in catering, food preparation, or similar hospitality experience.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Great organisation and time management skills.
- Certificate in food hygiene
- Experience in developing operational processes and implementing procedure.
- Great numeracy and literacy skills.
- Personable and welcoming.
- Confident communicator with customers and staff.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- IT proficient.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends, bank holidays etc).
- A demonstrable passion for catering and events.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The closing date for this position is 14/12/2021 at 12:00