Cambridge Film Festival
Salary: £2,500 fixed fee
Cambridge Film Festival is looking to recruit a freelance Brochure Editor/Coordinator for this year’s festival. They will coordinate and edit the brochure, ensuring its timely delivery, working alongside the Designer and the small Festival team.
About Cambridge Film Festival
The Cambridge Film Trust (CFT), a registered charity fostering film culture and education, is excited to announce the 42nd edition of the Cambridge Film Festival (CFF). The CFF, celebrated annually, is the 3rd longest-running film festival in the UK. We are actively seeking an experienced Freelance Brochure Editor/Coordinator to join our vibrant team. This position offers an invaluable opportunity to contribute to one of the UK’s leading film events, held in-venue from 19-26 of October, 2023.
At CFT, we embrace inclusivity and diversity. Candidates from all backgrounds and sectors, not just the arts, are encouraged to apply. We recruit based on merit through a fair and open competition process.
About the role
As a Brochure Editor/Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the annual Cambridge Film Festival brochure. Working closely with our Brochure Designer, Festival managers, and team, you will lead all aspects of the brochure’s creation and delivery.
- Oversee all stages of the Festival Brochure creation, ensuring its timely delivery to printers
- Compile film details, copy, and images from distributors, programmers, and sales agents, maintaining accurate records in a centralised master database
- Collaborate with the brochure designer to provide all necessary copy, images, and film details, sourcing images and credits and creating engaging copy as required
- Write compelling promotional copy for films and events
- Proofread all content to ensure accuracy, supported by the Festival team
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Previous copywriting experience
- Strong knowledge of current editorial best practices
- Excellent administrative and IT skills, with superior attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively within a small team and with volunteers
- A proactive and organised approach to work
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently
- Capacity to remain calm under pressure
- Experience in an events-based environment, preferably a film or arts festival
- A passion for cinema
Terms and conditions
- Period: Late July to mid-September 2023
- Compensation: Fixed fee of £2,500
- Location: Flexible (remote or at Cambridge Film Trust offices, Arts Picturehouse, 38 St. Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3AR). Please specify your preference when applying
Visit our website for further information and details on how to apply.
The closing date for this position is 17/07/2023 at 23:59