Box Office Coordinator
Glasgow Short Film Festival
Glasgow Short Film Festival is looking for a Box Office Coordinator to join their team on a freelance contract.
About the role
Reporting to the Festival Coordinator, the Box Office Coordinator will be responsible for the running of GSFF’s box office leading up to and throughout the festival. This will involve coordinating the sale of tickets both online via the GSFF website and in-person, across three venues.
The Box Office Coordinator will work with the Festival Coordinator and other team members on the preparation and issuing of tickets sold online, and on ticketing procedures for festival guests and delegates.
During the festival week, the Box Office Coordinator will set up satellite box offices and oversee in-person sales at Glasgow Film Theatre and Civic House. They will manage two Box Office Assistants based in these venues. They will also liaise with CCA Box Office staff over allocations sold through CCA’s own box office. This will require regular and frequent communication to ensure individual screenings are not over- or under-sold.
The Box Office Coordinator will also respond to emailed ticket enquiries leading up to and throughout the duration of the festival, and liaise with venue staff to ensure that any specific customer access requirements are met.
- Working period: March 2023
(freelance contract, flexible hours, but must be available to work on site 22-26 March)
- Fee: £1,400
- Location: GSFF office, Tradeston / WFH
- During festival: Civic House / CCA / GFT, Central Glasgow
- Maintain and update records in GSFF’s Filmchief ticketing system
- Oversee online sales
- Set up and run GSFF box offices in GFT, Civic House
- Handle cash and card sales, produce daily sales reports, bank cash
- Train and manage two box office assistants
- Train Front of House volunteers in operation of online ticket-scanning software
- Manage allocations between GSFF and CCA box office systems
- Provide customer support before and during the festival
Person specification (essential/desirable)
- Experience of working in a box office or similar customer facing sales role (E)
- Experience of working in a festival context (E)
- Computer literate, ideally on both Mac and PC (E)
- Positive, outgoing and resourceful attitude, a good communicator (E)
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers (D)
- Understanding of access requirements (D)
To apply, candidates should send their CV with a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 17/02/2023 at 00:00