Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant
Salary: £22,000.00 - £25,000.00 per annum
Dogwoof is seeking a Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant to be responsible for all the day-to-day bookkeeping activities of Dogwoof.
The Company uses Sage accounting software and the role does require a good knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets.
Dogwoof is a leading independent company (20 employees) that finances, distributes and sells documentaries. Dogwoof has so far released 24 Oscar®-nominated documentaries, with four wins and an additional three BAFTA winners; notable titles include Oscar®-winning and BAFTA-winning Free Solo (the UK’s highest grossing documentary of 2018), BAFTA-nominated Three Identical Strangers, Oscar®-nominatedRBG, BAFTA-winning The Act of Killing and Blackfish. Releases for 2019 have included Marianne & Leonard, Oscar®-nominated Minding the Gap and Apollo 11 which is currently the UK’s highest grossing doc of the year.
- Entering sales and purchase invoices into Sage
- With regards to sales, entering customer receipts and managing overdue payments
- With regards to purchases, reconciling ledgers to supplier statements and preparing a payment list in line with the Company’s payment policy
- Managing the departments’ email account
- Analysing Credit Card expenses and preparing the amounts to be transferred into Sage 50
- Analysing the Petty Cash expenses and preparing the amounts to be transferred into Sage 50
- Assisting with adhoc financial reporting duties
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Bookkeeping knowledge is required and experience using Sage 50 is an added advantage
- A working knowledge of Excel is also a necessity
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject heading “Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant – Your Name”.
The closing date for this position is 13/12/2019 at 23:59