BFI NETWORK Talent Executive
Midlands-based (home working until restrictions are lifted)
Broadway is looking for an engaging, collaborative, and passionate film-lover to become their new BFI Network Talent Executive.
Based in the Film Hub Midlands team, the role acts as an advocate for the region’s film talent and connects the Midlands’ diverse and dynamic range of filmmaking voices with funding and development opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about film but also able to support and collaboratively shape new ideas. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead on connecting Midlands-based filmmakers with training and funding opportunities
- Manage the part-time BFI Talent Coordinator
- Give concise and swift editorial feedback on funded projects
- Build effective and beneficial partnerships to further the aims of talent, BFI NETWORK and the greater BFI industrial strategy
- Be an advocate for encouraging the development and promotion of Midlands-based talent including signposting filmmakers to additional or alternative support
- Liaise with other departments within Broadway and Film Hub Midlands to ensure the smooth administration of activities
- Report regularly to Broadway and BFI NETWORK about activity, identifying any potential issues with delivery and agreeing actions to mitigate risks
- Share information with the BFI Film Fund and the wider BFI NETWORK, coordinating with the other Talent Executive.
- Use BFI’s funding portal, with support provided by the BFI, to administer applications and funded projects
- Administrate the project activities for events and outreach and manage related finances
What skills do you need to bring?
Broadway is looking for candidates with a broad range of experience including:
- A passion for film
- Specific experience of talent development (in film, TV, or a related artform)
- A demonstrable knowledge of the film scene in the Midlands, with a particular focus on the West Midlands
- Ability to show an understanding of effective storytelling
- Ability to recognise promising talent through application / related material
- Ability to form local and regional partnerships with a wide range of organisations, within and outside of the film industry
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to meet BFI Diversity Standards
- A high level of organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to feed into regional promotion and communications
- Advanced IT skills, to include Microsoft Office
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with contacts, partners and stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with the film and wider arts sector
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Willingness to travel (when restrictions are lifted) and work outside of regular hours
Please download the full job description and application form on the links below.
The closing date and time for all applicants is 12 noon on Tuesday 6 April. We cannot consider CVs; please do not include them with your application. You may submit your answers via recorded video and must add unlisted video links on the form.
Interviews will be held online during the week commencing Monday 19 April and will send you the list of questions in advance.
Broadway is an advocate of diversity and inclusivity and invites you to complete our confidential equal opportunities monitoring form. This will not be shared with anyone involved in the recruitment process.We work with candidates to guarantee their access needs are met throughout the interview process and ensure that these are not factored into decision making.
Please note that if we are unable to offer you an interview you will be notified by the Monday 12 April.
The preferred start date of the successful applicant is Monday 3 May 2021.
The successful applicant must be prepared to have an enhanced DBS check carried out in line with Broadway’s child and adults at risk safeguarding policy and fair access to employment policy.
The closing date for this position is 06/04/2021 at 12:00