Awards & Events Administrator
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000, depending on experience and location
BIFA is recruiting a full time Awards & Events Administrator to join its team.
The Awards & Events Administrator will support the entry, viewing and voting process for the Awards, coordinate BIFA’s Board and committees, as well as helping coordinate and manage other aspects of BIFA’s industry activities and broader strategy. They will work closely with the Awards & Marketing Manager and Awards & Programming Manager.
We’re looking for someone who is a skilled and efficient administrator and who is able to manipulate large amounts of detailed information quickly and accurately under pressure. The success of the awards depends on its processes being managed efficiently and accurately; we are looking for someone with a flair and affinity for coordinating intricate and complex projects.
BIFA is at the heart of the UK independent film industry and this role will support the awards process and expanding programme of support for independent filmmakers, so a passion for independent film would be a plus.
We welcome applications from all, but are especially keen to receive applications from those in groups currently under-represented within the workforce in the film industry.
Start date c. 31 May 2021
- Administration of the entry and voting process
- Preparing papers for, administering and minuting BIFA’s Nomination Committee, Event Committee and Board
- Assisting in the running of all BIFA events throughout the year
- Assisting the BIFA directors with tasks and activity including (but not limited to) compiling debrief reports, creating evaluation reports, creating sponsorship decks etc
- Assisting the Talent Development & Training manager with preparation of materials for BIFA Springboard and Unconscious Bias sessions
- Providing general administrative support to the BIFA team, including maintaining the BIFA websites, answering email and phone queries etc.
Essential skills, abilities & knowledge
- Organisation, administration and attention to detail: these are the most important aspects of this role
- Time management and multitasking – and a calm head under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in the following software / programmes: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, WordPress
For full details and to apply, head to the BIFA website.
Interviews will be held 21-23 April
The closing date for this position is 11/04/2021 at 23:59