Audiovisual and Events Technician
The Goethe-Institut London is looking for a full-time Audiovisual and Events Technician to facilitate their exciting and diverse programme of events such as film screenings, artist talks, discussions, workshops and seminars.
About the Goethe-Institut
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with global outreach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural co-operation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
About the vacancy
The Goethe-Institut London is looking for a full-time Audiovisual and Events Technician to facilitate our exciting and diverse programme of events such as film screenings, artist talks, discussions, workshops and seminars. This position requires a multidisciplinary approach from coordinating the use of rooms and resources to cleanliness of the facilities and maintenance of our technical equipment. The role will also have more general duties in the facilities management of the building and work closely within the central services department to provide assistance throughout the entire institution.
Employment will be full-time with 39 hours per week. The starting salary in the Goethe-Institut’s remuneration scheme is £23.783,86 p.a. Annual Leave starts with 26 days plus Bank Holidays. This increases depending on length of service. The Goethe-Institut also offers a contributory pension scheme.
- Setting up audiovisual (AV) and other technical equipment as well as preparing rooms for internal and public events such as film screenings, talks, discussions and seminars
- Providing technical support for colleagues during language courses and exams, online video conferences, hybrid meetings (Teams, Zoom, etc…), as well as streaming events
- Coordinating the use of rooms and equipment based on external and internal booking requests
- Regular testing, servicing and pro-active maintenance of technical equipment
- Regular monitoring of safety, functionality and cleanliness of the building and the facilities
- Dealing with minor repairs and/or calling out external companies where applicable
- Deputising for the maintenance technician and post room officer during holiday times and absences
- Logistics (in particular dealing with film delivery)
- Covering for reception and switchboard
- General errands
- Strong knowledge of all audio visual elements, projection, presentation tools, PA systems, rigging and lighting
- Familiarity with operation of full Dolby Digital sound system, 35mm projectors and DCI projectors
- Good IT skills, in particular in regard to teaching and projection software
- Sound organisational abilities
- Willingness to work to flexible working schedules
- Ability to self-train in the use of the varied technical equipment of the institute.
- Good English is essential, a knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Good communication and team skills
Please note: the successful candidate must be in possession of a valid work permit for the UK.
Please use our online application form. The form may be completed in German or in English according to your preference.
The closing date for this position is 30/09/2021 at 23:59