Salary: Up to £23,000 depending on experience
Curzon are looking for someone join their cinema management team in Colchester as Assistant Manager.
Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On-Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of- Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye and Curzon Home Cinema.
As the leading independent cinema chain in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
Purpose of the role
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the other members of the management team in leading the cinema team on a day to day basis in all operational issues, to deliver an exceptional customer experience, grow admissions and control costs, whilst keeping high standards of security, Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- To support the management team in all aspects of the cinema’s operations on a day-to-day basis ensuring that your venue delivers an exceptional customer experience.
- Have a pro-active, can do attitude in delivering the best customer experience by maintaining high standards, taking professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Encourage the team to grow memberships and admissions in the cinema, in line with budgets.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Curzon products and find opportunities to promote and sell them, including Membership, Food and Beverage, Curzon Artificial Eye products and Curzon Home Cinema.
- Act as a point of escalation for any customer queries.
- Support the General Manager in the recruitment, training and induction of new cinema staff in line with the brand values.
- Provide feedback and training to the team to drive team development.
- Ensure the team is fully knowledgeable on legal compliance and able to effectively perform in their role.
- Support the General Manager in the Employee Relations of the team to ensure that employment legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Effectively direct, lead and motivate the team when in charge.
- Delegate tasks and organise a team in a fast-paced bespoke customer service environment.
- Control costs related to labour, stock, and premises maintenance by monitoring orders and usage, in line with budgets.
- Work with the Events team to ensure all hires are delivered successfully and according to requirements.
- Support the General Manager with film scheduling and programming for the cinema as required to optimise admits as well as Food and Beverage revenue.
- Be the first line of technical support when in charge.
- Liaise with central support functions, external contractors/bodies etc on matters relating to the successful operation of the cinema.
- Establish and maintain relations with the local community, businesses and media to enhance the image of the company and to inform them of relevant developments within the company, its products and services as requested by the General Manager as part of the grassroots marketing campaign.
- Take responsibility for full site compliance with health and safety, financial and security policies and procedures and audits.
- Be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure personal safety and security of both customers and colleagues.
- Be aware of all Health and Safety and licensing requirements to ensure that they are adhered to so that the company’s responsibilities are not compromised.
- Comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- Undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times by demonstrating Curzon Brand Values and ensure your team does the same.
- Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
- A proven track record of leading a team to provide top class customer service at all times.
- Solid commercial acumen and demonstrable success in delivering against KPls.
- Demonstrates patience and the ability to remain calm, to adapt and think on your feet.
- Strong communication skills, confidence and natural leadership.
- A demonstrable ability to effectively delegate tasks.
- Positive, proactive and common sense approach.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative.
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times.
- A strong work ethic and professional demeanour.
- Experience of working in a management role in a similar customer service or hospitality environment.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
The closing date for this position is 16/05/2021 at 23:59