Bury St Edmunds
Salary: From £23,000 depending on experience
Abbeygate Cinema is looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team.
We are looking for someone with a passion for Cinema and a drive to make a difference. Our ideal applicant has experience of Cinema programming and a strong interest in marketing, with a desire to work with our driven General Manager to progress an independent business. There is huge scope for someone to stamp their identity on a building, recently renovated with the addition of a spectacular new screen and box office, making it ready for the next part of its near 100 year old history. Alongside this, you will be working for a passionate and invested owner, and a team that prides itself on its togetherness and its excellent customer service.
- Assisting the General Manager with providing direction and growth for the business and staff.
- Recruiting, training staff and managing staff.
- Communicating priorities and other relevant information.
- Ensuring customer service is at its best at all times and that the cinema is well presented and displays are stocked, ensuring tickets are sold correctly.
- Keeping good operational records, reporting and forwarding documents to the Operations Team if required.
- Running reports, liaising with distributors, liaising with suppliers.
- Maintaining good financial controls, including assisting the General Manager with managing costs, setting flexible staffing levels ensuring the cinema is adequately and efficiently staffed according to the cinema’s anticipated business levels.
- Working with the General Manager and wider Management team to maximise film and event audiences, increase membership sales, produce and proof brochures and other marketing material.
- Opening and closing the building in accordance with the cinema’s procedures; dealing with any emergency and planned building issues appropriately and reporting issues as necessary to the General Manager.
- Running the building in accordance with fire regulations and licensing conditions ensuring that the health and safety of staff and customers is never compromised.
- Taking responsibility for stock and for cash being stored in accordance with the Company’s insurance requirements and banking cash.
- Ensuring stock takes are carried out on a regular basis and reported to the Operations Director.
- In the absence of the General Manager working with the Programmer and Film and Technical manager on film content and producing weekly programmes.
- Ensuring that films and other content in are shown to timetable and to the best possible standards of presentation.
- Assisting with preparing playlists and adding suitable trailers for the forthcoming week using the Theatre Management System (TMS).
- Controlling the despatch and receipt of digital hard drives, downloaded content and other platforms.
- Carrying out test transmissions for alternative content and reporting issues.
- Managing changes to content on website (it is not necessary for the role holder to make the changes).
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints that the Front of House staff cannot deal with.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably requested for the effective functioning of the cinema and to maximise its business.
- Contributing to ad-hoc and project work within the management team.
- Management or senior supervisory experience in a service-based organisation (eg cinema, hotel, restaurant)
- Computer literate (excel, word). Other specialist training will be given
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Personable manner
- Proven customer service track record
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-moving environment and to lead and motivate staff
- Experience of running sales reports and integrating data
- Experience of working in a bar or café
- Genuine interest in films and the film industry
About Abbeygate Cinema
A unique independent business, combining a three screen Cinema with a locally renowned restaurant, within the popular market town of Bury St Edmunds, is looking for an Assistant Manager to help drive the business forward.
Salary starts from £23000 dependant on experience and the right applicant, as well as OTE.
End date is Friday 3 December. Any interested applicants should email: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 03/12/2021 at 23:59