Stag Community Arts Centre
Salary: £9.60 per hour
The Stag Sevenoaks is looking for an Assistant Manager to assist the Cinema & Events Manager with the management of the cinemas, theatre, events and ancillary services to provide an excellent visitor experience for customers to The Stag.
The Stag Sevenoaks is a charity that provides a welcoming community arts venue with a 450 seat theatre, two digital cinema screens, café and studio and conferencing space in the centre of Sevenoaks.
Purpose of the job
To assist the Cinema & Events Manager (CEM) with the management of the cinemas, theatre, events and ancillary services to provide an excellent visitor experience for customers to The Stag Community Arts Centre. To provide Duty Manager cover when required. The Assistant Manager is responsible, with the CEM, of ensuring The Stag is fully stocked, dressed and looks its best at all times.
This role is allocated to individual members of staff as part of their wider duties. The Assistant Manager also acts as the primary on-site Stag contact and responder for operational issues.
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills. Approachable, adaptable and friendly at all times
- Experience of management of events
- Confident disposition with a can-do attitude. Calm under pressure with an aptitude for patience and detail. Good communicator dealing with customer enquiries and feedback.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of customers to The Stag
- Full personal flexibility in working as needed to support business operations. The working hours for this post will cover day, evenings, weekends and public holidays and may involve closing the building down late at night.
- Assisting customers with access needs
- Experienced in people management of other staff and supporting volunteers
- Responsible person with experience of cash handling
- Stock management, movement and stock rotation (note there is some heavy lifting). Maintenance and cleaning of stock rooms
- Assistance with cleaning, e.g. bar areas
- Energy and enthusiasm for the aims of the Stag Community Arts Centre
- Experience and knowledge of appropriate Health & Safety regulations
- Experience of handling audiences/crowds
- Experience of online booking and automatic ticketing systems
- Experience in one-to-one training and support particularly of volunteers
- To assist the CEM and be responsible for events (preparation, staffing, volunteers, FoH, management on the day), the kiosks and bars ensuring all areas are adequately stocked and dressed for pre-event, interval and post-event sales
- To assist the CEM to monitor and manage kiosk and bar stock levels ensuring adequate stock is always available.
- To liaise with the Events Planning Manager to prepare the theatre, Plaza and other spaces required for events at The Stag.
- To act as a premises key holder (see separate specification).
- Liaise with the CEM and the Operations Manager to ensure adequate and effective arrangements for the security of the building and its contents and people at all times.
- To carry out the duties of a fire warden as and when required
- To carry out the duties of a first aider as and when required
- To carry out such duties as the Chief Executive and CEM may from time to time reasonably require.
Contract: Permanent, minimum 25 hours per week.
Please send a CV and cover letter to: Olivia.email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 08/08/2021 at 23:59