Art/AV Technical Support
Cine Window Winsford
Salary: Fixed fee
Cine Window Winsford is recruiting for a freelance technician to support its programme of four exhibitions and screenings from 7 December 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Cine Window Winsford is a participatory art project in Winsford Cheshire, showing community films and artworks in the Winsford Cross Shopping Centre in a shop front of five large windows; one a dedicated film screen, the others exhibition spaces for sculpture, installation, painting and interpretation.
The role will include:
- One day per exhibition (four days @£150 per day) to install the window exhibitions and film screenings.
- Five hours per exhibition (@£20 per hour) to check that the films are working and be available to troubleshoot any technical problems if they arise.
Work may include installing or de-installing exhibitions; packing, unpacking, moving fragile and valuable objects; making specialist mounts for objects going on display; and setting up and maintaining audio-visual equipment for exhibitions.
This may involve working independently or supporting artists to install their work.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience of using audio-visual equipment
- Basic electrical and carpentry skills
- Ability to work at heights or in confined spaces
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to work to your own initiative as well as in a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Good time management skills
- First aid qualification
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Cine Window Winsford would like to offer this work to someone living in Winsford, Cheshire or within a reasonable commutable distance.
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 30/11/2020 at 09:00