Archive Sales Development Officer
British Film Institute
Salary: £30,141 - £35,622 per annum
The BFI are seeking an Archive Sales Development Officer who will sell and licence use of BFI’s moving image and still materials, contributing to the team’s business plan with its associated income target and deliver an excellent standard of customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively work on the development and delivery of established and new revenue streams for all media uses UK and Worldwide; to negotiate custom terms for projects and to foster excellent client and partner relationships.
- Undertake focused research and development tasks with a commercial mind set.
- Actively participate in all networking and business development opportunities within the sector.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Relevant experience from working in a client focused and target-driven footage or content sales environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of film, video and digital technologies, and the care of such materials in Libraries and Archives.
- Fundamental knowledge of UK Copyright Law and experience in researching and/or clearing rights, with respect to other territories worldwide.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet deadlines.
About the BFI
We are a cultural charity, a National Lottery distributor, and the UK’s lead organisation for film and the moving image. We believe society needs stories. Film, television and the moving image bring them to life, helping us connect and understand each other better. We share the stories of yesterday, search for the stories of today, and shape the stories of tomorrow.
At the BFI you’ll enjoy benefits such as excellent support for working parents, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse. We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements.
Further details about the role, the BFI and our benefits can be obtained by visiting http://www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/job-opportunities.
To read more about the job, and to apply please head over to our website.
First interviews will be held on Tuesday 06 December 2022
The closing date for this position is 23/11/2022 at 23:59