British Film Institute
Salary: £24,996 - £28,728 per annum
The BFI is seeking an Access Officer to join their Collections Management department on a fixed term basis.
The Access Officer will facilitate access to the BFI’s collections and will provide excellent customer care; to include research and advice for clients.
Fixed Term Contract until 26 May 2023
- Initiate CID workflows per request so that items from the Collection are retrieved, processed (if necessary) and delivered to clients on time. This involves developing a knowledge of archival processes for film, video and digital items in order to construct an appropriate and efficient workflow
- Track all commissioned work, prioritise as necessary by liaising with internal departments and clients to ensure timely delivery
- Work collaboratively with colleagues so that all work is scheduled appropriately, liaising with clients to ensure that they are kept informed. Maintain an overview of total workload; assist with decisions regarding priorities, provide statistics and reports as required
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable interest in archive, library or museum work
- Ability to exercise great care in the handling of fragile and valuable artefacts
- An understanding of digitisation processes, or an interest in furthering knowledge and experience in this area
About working at the BFI
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps can be found on our website.
We operate a hybrid working model at the BFI. This role requires work 3 days a week at our hub in Berkhamsted.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 25 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be found on our website.
First interviews will be held on w/c 01 August 2022.
The closing date for this position is 21/07/2022 at 00:00